Features and Overview
Melari's Mine is located at the apex of Mount Crenel. It is inhabited by Melari, the Minish blacksmith, and his seven Mountain Minish apprentices who followed him from the Minish Village. The area is rich in iron and Kinstones, for which the Mountain Minish dig along the interior and sides of the Mine itself.
The main room of the mine is Melari's workstation and furnace. It is here where Melari and two other Minish workers help to reforge the broken Picori Blade into the White Sword after obtaining the Earth Element from the Deepwood Shrine. The mine also features the living rooms of Melari and his apprentices.
Melari's Mine is the intermediate between the Cave of Flames and the rest of Mount Crenel. Link must pass through the Mine to continue on his search for the Fire Element. As with every Minish area, Link will only gain access to Melari's Mine if he shrinks down to Minish size.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 272 (TMC)
- "These seven students followed Melari from Minish Village to Mount Crenel. Their song is actually a sign that they are full-fledged Mountain Minish now." — Figurine Description (The Minish Cap)
- "Ting along, tong along! Diggin' holes for Kinstones!" — Mountain Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "Y'know, iron's not the only thing we dig up around here. We've been known to find quite a few Kinstone pieces as well." — Mountain Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "Ting along, tong along! Huh, what? Who am I? Why, my lad, I'm the second-best of the Minish metalsmiths! I'm makin' swords with the boss." — Mountain Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "I hear you want me to reforge the sacred sword and help break a curse. I'll be needin' the old sword, which holds the power of the elements, first. Show me that broken Picori Blade!" — Melari (The Minish Cap)
- "If you head outside from here, you can go see the mine the humans dug. But the boss doesn't let anyone go in there without permission." — Mountain Minish (The Minish Cap)