After the Divine Beast Vah Ruta had started its rampage, Mei went fishing in Zora River as if everything was normal. The Divine Beast's rage caused the water to swell and swept her downstream to Lake Hylia.
Mei can be found on one of the islands off the coast of Hylia Island in Lake Hylia, catching Fish to sell at the Coral Reef General Store in Zora's Domain. She is aware of being far away from the Domain but since there are lots of rare Fish to catch at the Lake she is enjoying herself.
When Link is sent by Mei's husband Fronk to find her in the Side Quest "A Wife Washed Away", Link goes to Lake Hylia after instructed by Fronk that Mei could have been carried downstream there. Mei tells Link that they got a big haul today and that fishing is so much fun. After Link asks Mei if she knows Fronk, the Zora woman says he is her darling and love and asks if something is wrong. Once Link explains, Mei cries out and exclaims that she is sorry as she completely forgot and got carried away. Realizing she has to get back home right away, Mei gives Link five Staminoka Bass and hurries to Zora's Domain. This completes the Side Quest.
Upon returning to Zora's Domain, Mei can be found swimming in a pool of water fed by a waterfall. She tells Link that her darling gave her a good scolding and said she should not go wandering about anymore for a while, although she supposes that is only fair. Despite being bored because of this, Mei is happy that her darling is looking after the kids for the day, so all she has to worry about is having fun and being fancy-free. Mei wants to work, but since she gave her darling such a scare she will let him take care of things for a while and try to take it easy.
- "Mei is my wife. She is also Tumbo and Keye's mother." — Fronk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Mei" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "After the Divine Beast Vah Ruta started rampaging, she went out to go fishing like everything was normal." — Fronk (Breath of the Wild)
- "The day Ruta started raging, she said she was going fishing in Zora River." — Fronk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ruta's rage caused the river to swell. She may have been swept downstream!... Worst case scenario...she could have been carried off all the way to Lake Hylia" — .Fronk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm catching fish! They'll sell in no time flat at the general store in Zora's Domain!" — Mei (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yes! We're pretty far away right now... But there are a lot of rare fish to catch here, so it's a lot of fun!" — Mei (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link... You saved Zora's Domain, and now you're going to help me find my Mei, as well? You are a true Champion! I am sorry to put this burden on you, but please... Please bring her home!" — Fronk (Breath of the Wild)
- "We got a big haul today! Fishing is so much fun!" — Mei (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hm? Fronk? Yes, he's my darling. My love! Why, is something wrong?" — Mei (Breath of the Wild)
- "... WAAAAAAH!! My darling! I'm sooooorry! I completely forgoooooot! I got carried awaaaaay!" — Mei (Breath of the Wild)
- "I-I-I've gotta get back home right away! Here, you can have these!... OK! Now they're all yours. Now then... Time for me to go home to Zora's Domain! See ya!" — Mei (Breath of the Wild)
- "This Hyrule bass got to be the biggest fish by never getting caught (until now). It's long life results in a cooked dish that will restore a lot of stamina." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "After we last met, my darling gave me a good scolding... He said I shouldn't go wandering about anymore for a while... *sigh* I suppose that's only fair." — Mei (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ugh... I'm so bored... But my darling is looking after the kids today... So all I have to worry about is having fun and being fancy-free!" — Mei (Breath of the Wild)
- "I want to work, but... I gave my darling such a scare. I suppose I'll let him take care of things for a while. I'll just try to take it easy." — Mei (Breath of the Wild)