We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|Game(s)||Oracle of Seasons|
|Dungeon(s)||Sword & Shield Maze|
|Weakness(es)||Pegasus Seeds and Hyper Slingshot; or Sword and Roc's Cape.|
Characteristics and Weaknesses
Medusa Head stands in the center of the room and attacks by throwing spheres that can temporarily turn Link into stone, and if Link gets petrified it will attack him further. It is also capable of firing a laser beam from its eyes.
There are two strategies Link can use to defeat the Medusa Head, namely:
- Jumping using the Roc's Cape to avoid the stun spheres, then evading its attack, then attacking it with his sword, or
- Using the Hyper Slingshot and Pegasus Seeds to stun it, then attacking.
- Statues of the Medusa Head, or a creature very similar, appear in the higher levels of the completed Black Tower in Oracle of Ages.
- An extremely similar enemy of the same name, albeit of significantly smaller size, appears in the NES game Castlevania and several of its sequels. Medusa Heads are also common enemies encountered in the Lolo series, also for the NES.
Medusa Head is a reference to the famed Gorgon of Greek mythology, Medusa, who got decapitated by Perseus. Additionally, the petrifying sphere attack is a reference to Medusa's primary ability: turning living beings into stone.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Dungeon Boss MEDUSA HEAD" (The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages Player's Guide (Nintendo of America), pg. 57)