Medigoron from Majora's Mask
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
|Family||Biggoron (brother) (OoT)|
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Medigoron is a large Goron who owns a store in Goron City. He is also the younger brother of Biggoron. He sells Link the Giant's Knife for 200 Rupees. The blade, despite having taken Medigoron from five to six years to make, has durability issues and breaks after using it 100 times or after striking a hard object. Though Link must use two hands to wield the Giant's Knife, Medigoron considers it to be a small weapon.
Medigoron's store is a tight fit for his enormous size, an unfortunate side effect of his lack of foresight. In the game's ending credits, he comes down to Lon Lon Ranch for the celebration and watches the Cucco Lady juggle Cuccos.
In Majora's Mask, Medigoron appears as the shopkeeper of the Goron Powder Keg Shop, located in a cave near the Goron Village, where he makes Powder Kegs. After Link completes his test on the proper usage of Powder Kegs, Medigoron gives him a Powder Keg Certification that proves his capability and allows him to purchase Powder Kegs anywhere they are sold. Medigoron admits, after Link gets his certification, that the test was really quite dangerous, and gives him a free Powder Keg in apology.
Medigoron may be a portmanteau of "medi" (from the latin "medius," meaning middle) or medium, and "goron" (believed to originate from ゴロゴロ (goro-goro), Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound of a rolling rock).
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||チュウゴロン (Chūgoron)||Medium Goron|
- "Medigoron" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 238(OoT))
- "My Brotherrrr... Opened a new storrrre... It's Medigoron's Blade Storrrrrrrre... Howeverrrrr... I am betterrrrrr at making bladessssss." — Biggoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "How about buying this knife for 200 Rupees?" — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "I'm working on something really cool right now! But I think it's going to take a while... If you can wait five or six years, it should be ready. OK?" — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "It looks like there is a problem with its durability... But still..." — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "I just completed a small weapon. How about it..." — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "Tight fit..." — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "They say that Medigoron didn't really think about his own size, so his store is really cramped." — Gossip Stone (Ocarina of Time)
- "Goron Powder Keg Shop. New customers will be tested on proper usage. The Shopkeeper" — Sign (Majora's Mask)
- "I'm the Goron who sells the Powder Keg, the most famous product of the Gorons." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Want a Powder Keg? Powder kegs explode with powerful blasts and are very dangerous... Until I have tested you to see if you can use them properly, I can't let you use any on your own." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "It looks like you managed to succeed! Knowing your skills, I feel fine letting you handle Powder Kegs on your own. It was bad of me to put you through such a dangerous test. I want you to take this as my apology." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Powder Kegs made by my instructor are extremely powerful." — Goron (Majora's Mask)
- "OK, listen here. My instructor works in the Goron Village Cave. Come back here after he teaches you the proper use and then approves you to buy one." — Goron (Majora's Mask)