Ocarina of Time
Medigoron is a large Goron who owns a store in Goron City and is also the brother of Biggoron in Ocarina of Time. He sells Link the Giant's Knife for 200 Rupees. The blade, despite having taken Medigoron from five to six years to make, breaks after using it 100 times or after striking a hard object. Though Link must use two hands to wield the Giant's Knife, Medigoron considers it to be a small weapon.
Medigoron's Blade Store is a tight fit for his enormous size, a side effect of his lack of foresight. In the game's ending credits, he comes down to Lon Lon Ranch for the celebration and watches the Cucco Lady juggle Cuccos.
Medigoron is a portmanteau of medium and Goron, referencing his medium size compared to Biggoron and other normal sized other Gorons.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||チュウゴロン (Chūgoron)||Medium Goron|
|Italian||Piccolo goron||Small Goron|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 238,(OoT) 244 (MM)
- "My Brotherrrr... Opened a new storrrre... It's Medigoron's Blade Storrrrrrrre... Howeverrrrr... I am betterrrrrr at making bladessssss." — Biggoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "How about buying this knife for 200 Rupees?" — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "I'm working on something really cool right now! But I think it's going to take a while... If you can wait five or six years, it should be ready. OK?" — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "It looks like there is a problem with its durability... But still..." — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "I just completed a small weapon. How about it..." — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "Tight fit..." — Medigoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "They say that Medigoron didn't really think about his own size, so his store is really cramped." — Gossip Stone (Ocarina of Time)