Malena in a state of joy
This Side Quest is one of four Quests needed to complete in order to help the people of Gerudo Town and receive the Thunder Helm from Riju in "The Thunder Helm" Side Quest. Link can begin this Quest by talking to the Gerudo Malena at a certain time. She can be found in the barracks of Gerudo Town. She appears to be in great dismay and when Link speaks to her, she explains that her husband caught a rare disease. She tells Link that the only thing that can save her husband are the guts of a Molduga and that the Gerudo soldiers refuse to help her. Malena also explains that a Molduga can be found to the west in Toruma Dunes and that they are very sensitive to vibrations. After she is done speaking, Link will receive the Side Quest and he must go defeat a Molduga to retrieve Molduga Guts.
A Molduga can be found in four different places in Gerudo, including the Toruma Dunes, the Southern Oasis, North Dragon's Exile and Arbiter's Grounds. Molduga can be fought while Shield Surfing with the help of a Sand Seal. It can also be fought by detonating Bombs or shooting Bomb Arrows near it. Either one of these strategies creates enough vibration to cause the Molduga to fly out of the sand, stunned and vulnerable to Link's attacks. Once Link defeats a Molduga and returns to Malena with Molduga Guts for her, she will be overjoyed with the Hero. She thanks Link by rewarding him with 300 Rupees. Before Malena leaves, she tells Link that she might name her future child after him and the Quest will be complete.
|1||Malena's husband has fallen ill. He needs the guts of a Molduga in order to get better. The Molduga is a ferocious monster that's sensitive to the slightest vibration, and it attacks anything that comes near it. The woman is desperately looking for help, but nobody seems capable...|
|Complete||You handed over the Molduga guts to Malena to help fix her husband's illness.|
She was overjoyed and left to get her husband healthy again.
- "Medicinal Molduga" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "But then...my husband fell ill with a rare disease... One difficult to cure." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "The only thing that can save him is the innards of a Molduga..." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "They said they have serious issues to deal with! They said they had no time for my plight! They turned me away!" — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's often been spotted west of here, in the Toruma Dunes, and in the south." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's very sensitive to vibrations, and it tends to attack anything that draws near." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "You... You'll give these to me?" — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "This is all I have to thank you with, but I insist you take it." — Malena (Breath of the Wild)
- "I hope you don't mind, but I may...possibly...name my vehvi after you. If I ever have one, that is!" — Malena (Breath of the Wild)