When he first meets Link, he correctly guesses that he is a traveler and mentions that Hateno Village does not have many interesting sights for tourists. If Link presses him, Medda admits that the village does have the only Dye Shop in Hyrule. He also points out Mount Lanayru nearby.
Link can ask about the mountain and Medda tells him about the Spring of Wisdom hidden there, adding that Hyrule's princess once visited it. According to him, all of Hyrule's princess went there for a ceremony, though he has no idea what kind. Medda excitedly speculates that there may be some kind of treasure left at the spring, but notes that Mount Lanayru is a treacherous landscape that can not easily be tackled. The end of the conversation begins the Shrine Quest, "The Spring of Wisdom."
- "[What are you doing?] Sometimes, I can’t help but watch my sweet little daughter sleep at night. Dreaming her dreams…" — Medda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Medda" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey! Traveler, right? I could tell. Well, there’s not a whole lot to see in this village, but knock yourself out." — Medda (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Nothing of interest?] Well… “Nothing” might be going a little bit overboard… We do have a dye shop. I don’t think they have one of those in other towns." — Medda (Breath of the Wild)
- "We also have Mount Lanayru way up to the north. See it?" — Medda (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Mount Lanayru?] Yeah, Mount Lanayru’s interesting… The Spring of Wisdom the princess of Hyrule used for purification is said to be somewhere on that mountain." — Medda (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Spring of Wisdom?] The Spring of Wisdom is a place where the princesses of Hyrule Castle used to go to do some kind of ceremony." — Medda (Breath of the Wild)
- "No idea exactly what kind of ceremony, but anyway, it’s not a place where us ordinary folk go. No princesses here." — Medda (Breath of the Wild)
- "A special fountain? That the princess had to endure hardship to visit? I bet the royal family left a treasure there! …Well, at least maybe they could’ve. I would’ve if I was royal." — Medda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Anyway, Mount Lanayru is a mysterious place, and it’s engulfed in ice. If there IS treasure, no one’s getting it. Well…if you have some time to kill, feel free to have a look around up there." — Medda (Breath of the Wild)