Mayor Hagen is the presiding mayor of Hyrule Town, and lives in his House near Funday School. He claims not to have done anything as mayor, yet the town runs smoothly. When Link first encounters Mayor Hagen, Hagen brags to Link about owning a Lakeside Cabin at Lake Hylia. He tells Link that he goes there to practice his hobby of Mask making. Behind one of the Masks in his house live two Town Minish. Running into the wall with the Pegasus Boots will cause the Masks to fall off, revealing the small hole where the Minish live. When broken, the Masks will sometimes yield Rupees. The Minish in his office will give insight into living in his home.
Mayor Hagen has constructed a shelter in his garden leading beneath Hyrule Town in preparation for the event that monsters should suddenly attack the Town. The shelter itself contains puzzles that require the use of the White Sword or Four Sword in order to fully navigate it. Immediately beside the ladder leading down into the shelter is a Treasure Chest that contains a Kinstone Piece.
Mayor Hagen is one of the many people with whom Link can Fuse Kinstones. When Link successfully Fuses Kinstones with him, a puddle in Lon Lon Ranch dries up to reveal a staircase. The stairs lead down into a cave housing a Treasure Chest that contains a Big Wallet, which increases Link's Rupee capacity.
|Mayor Hagen (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|The mayor of the town of Hyrule. He's a|
big collector of odd masks. He's built a
shelter into his garden just in case
monsters ever attack Hyrule.
- If Link shoots an Arrow at Mayor Hagen, it will stick into him instead of passing through him. He is the only character in The Minish Cap to whom this will happen, and he will not respond to it in any way.
- Ezlo has a natural distrust for Mayor Hagen, and believes that his office is hiding a secret.
|Names in Other Regions|
|SpanishEU||Alcalde Hagar||Mayor Hagar|
- "The mayor of the town of Hyrule. He's a big collector of odd masks. He's built a shelter into his garden just in case monsters ever attack Hyrule." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 271
- "Aherrrm herrmmm! I am Hagen, mayor of this fair town! Mayors are usually very important and busy folk, I'll have you know...But I still have a hobby, of course! I collect unusual masks! I just love them! They're beautiful! Simply magnificent, I tell you!" — Mayor Hagen (The Minish Cap)
- "I think I've finally got a good grasp of how things run in Hyrule. Things run so smoothly around here, and I haven't even done a thing! I wonder how much better this place would be if I actually did anything!" — Mayor Hagen (The Minish Cap)
- "I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging, but I have a cabin at Lake Hylia. It's a gorgeous little place where I go to enjoy my hobby, mask making." — Mayor Hagen (The Minish Cap)
- "The person living here is the mayor, very important you know. Doesn't it all just sound so...official?" — Town Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "The mayor likes strange masks. Sometimes, he even makes his own." — Town Minish (The Minish Cap)
- "Aherrm!! That hole in the garden leads to a shelter of sorts. But it's not like I'm trying to run off and save myself alone or anything! Just keep that in mind!" — Mayor Hagen (The Minish Cap)
- "You want to fuse Kinstones? Oh, please, please, yes!" — Mayor Hagen (The Minish Cap)
- "Oh, that's so pretty! A perfect fit! Now, I know we'll get lucky!" — Mayor Hagen (The Minish Cap)
- "That mustachioed guy strikes me as somewhat unreliable. There's something fishy about this room, too." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)