Mayor Bo from Twilight Princess
Mayor Bo is the Mayor of Ordon Village and father of Ilia. He is first seen in front of the mayor's house by the road that leads up to Ordon Ranch. If Link speaks to him on the second or third day, a sequence where an Ordon Goat comes rushing down the road will be triggered.
When Link fails to reach Death Mountain due to the Gorons' strength, Mayor Bo teaches him the secrets of sumo wrestling in his home. He tells Link that he defeated the Goron patriarch Gor Coron using the Iron Boots. He then gives the boots to Link, which ultimately helps the young hero defeat Gor Coron in a sumo wrestling match, allowing him entrance to the Goron Mines. Later, when Link speaks to Gor Coron, he will say that it is fortunate that Ilia looks more like her mother instead of Bo.
Bo is based on the Norse nickname Bua, which means "to live".
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Gotcha, Mayor. I'll hurry and get the shield. You wait here..." — Jaggle (Twilight Princess)
- "He and I would often wrestle when we were young. Ah... Such good memories!" — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 276
- "FATHER! How can you be so easy on him? You're the MAYOR!" — Ilia (Twilight Princess)
- "Are you trying to reach the Gorons of Death Mountain? It is far too dangerous, Link! They recognize only strength! A normal person could never persuade them..." — Renado (Twilight Princess)
- "Naw, the secret to beatin' the Gorons...is locked away in that chest." — Mayor Bo (Twilight Princess)
- "You can probably tell, those boots are made of iron, lad. Whoever wears 'em won't easily be pushed around...even by a Goron. If you're fixin' to fight a Goron, be sure to wear those boots." — Mayor Bo (Twilight Princess)
- "I must confess, young warrior, I am surprised a lug like Bo could sire such a cute daughter. It is fortunate she resembles her mother so much!" — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)
- Give Name BO (1), behindthename.com.