Atsuyoshi Miyazaki
Hyrule Compendium Entry
Master Kohga is the Leader of the Yiga Clan, an opposing Clan to the Sheikah Tribe who hunt Link on a ceaseless mission. Master Kohga is a respected figure of authority, but he spends most of his time napping and loafing around. Bananas are what Master Kohga loves most. Master Kohga is known to possess many secrets about the Sheikah Tribe.
Link meets Master Kohga during the "Divine Beast Vah Naboris" Main Quest outside of the exit of the Yiga Clan Hideout in an open area with a large pit in the center. Master Kohga will recognize that Link is the hero he has been searching for and initiates a battle. After defeating Master Kohga, he will use his last bit of energy to perform his "secret technique", which backfires and causes him to fall down the large pit in the center of the area. While falling down the pit, Master Kohga is heard yelling that he shall be remembered and the Yiga Clan will track Link to the ends of Hyrule. As a reward, Link will receive a Treasure Chest containing Riju's Thunder Helm.
The fight against Master Kohga consists of three phases, each of which utilize his control over magnetism and levitation. In the first phase, Master Kohga conjures up a rock above him to hurl at Link. Striking Master Kohga from afar as he levitates in the air, such as with a Bow, Remote Bomb or thrown Weapon, will break his focus and cause the rock to fall on his head. This temporarily stuns Master Kohga, partially burying him in the ground and allowing Link to attack him unopposed. In the second phase, he levitates above the large pit nearby and conjures up two rocks that spin around him. Link must hit Master Kohga when one of the rocks is directly above his head, causing it to once again fall on his head and stun him. In the third and final phase, he conjures up a fortified boulder to attempt to crush Link. Link must use Magnesis to gain control of the boulder and push it back towards Kohga. This will stun Kohga once again and give Link the opportunity to finish the fight. In all phases, he is protected by a blue shield which disappears when he goes offensive in the first two stages, but remains permanently during the third. Ancient Arrows act like normal arrows when he is hit with one, and Master Kohga and his boulders cannot be stopped with Stasis at any time. This shows that, in some respects, he is one of the strongest sheikah to live, as even Maz Koshia can't resist the power of stasis.
The name Kohga is inherited by leaders of the Yiga Clan. Together, the Yiga Clan and Kohga references the rival Ninja clans of Iga and Kōga; this is mirrored by the Yiga Clan having a rival clan, the Sheikah.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Master Kohga" — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "The leader of the Yiga Clan, a group formed with just a single objective: eliminate Link." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "Despite this, his mastery of the esoteric arts has earned him a deep respect." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "He sends his minions all over Hyrule in search of you but tends to spend most of his own time napping and generally loafing about." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "You know what the leader of the Yiga Clan loves the most? You'll never guess. Bananas!" — Endai (Breath of the Wild)
- "He's the leader of the Yiga Clan, master of countless Sheikah secrets and sworn enemy of a hero thought long dead!" — Traveler (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yeah, IT'S YOU! You're that Link guy I've been looking for!" — Master Kohga (Breath of the Wild)
- "I need to bust out my serious moves... A secret technique taught by my father's mother's father! It will...destroy you!" — Master Kohga (Breath of the Wild)
- "Coward! I shall be remembered! The Yiga Clan will track you to the ends of Hyruuuule!" — Master Kohga (Breath of the Wild)
- Creating a Champion pg. 369