The Master Diver is a man who lives in a cave behind one of the waterfalls of Sunken City. Only Dimitri can climb up the waterfalls to reach the cave. His wife also lives in the Sunken City and is the one that tells Link about her husband. In order for Link to obtain the Flippers, he becomes the Master Diver's pupil who asks him to get the Master's Plaque. The Master Diver also tells Link about a shortcut to Mt. Cucco in the waters of Sunken City, a secret he would not even reveal to his son.
The Master Diver has a senior pupil who is identical in appearance to the master himself. He appears above Zora Village in a Linked Game of Oracle of Ages. The pupil will ask Link to transfer a message to his master. Doing so engages a mini-game with the Swimmer's Ring as the prize.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Italian||Campione di nuoto||Swimming champion|
- "My husband was a master diver! But now he's old, and he's hidden his diving gear and gone off somewhere." — Wife (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Master Diver" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 250(OoS))
- "My pop's a master diver! He had a secret diving spot, but he never told me where it was. Stingy guy..." — Son (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Hmph! ................ Labrynna, huh? He's my senior pupil. It's nice having pupils all over!" — Master Diver (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Say, aren't you a pupil of the master diver in Holodrum's Sunken City? I have a secret I'd like you to tell to your master." — Master Diver's Senior Pupil (Oracle of Ages)
- "I'm in a good mood, so I have a gift for you... If you can pass my test! First, go down the stairway I'm about to open. I put something way in the back. If you can get it before time runs out, you'll get a prize! [...] You have 30 seconds." — Master Diver (Oracle of Seasons)