Master Cycle Zero
|Master Cycle Zero|
Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
The Master Cycle Zero is a Rune obtained after defeating Monk Maz Koshia in the "EX The Champions' Ballad" Main Quest. In recognition of Link's accomplishments as the Hero of Hyrule Kingdom, Monk Maz Koshia summons the Guidance Stone housing the Master Cycle Zero Rune, allowing Link to claim his reward. Monk Maz Koshia explains that the Master Cycle Zero was intended for the "one true hero," before returning him to the Great Plateau.
After obtaining the Rune, the Master Cycle Zero will appear on the loading screen alongside the Divine Beasts. When Link returns to the Great Plateau, he is free to use the Master Cycle Zero across Hyrule Kingdom. The Master Cycle Zero runs on Fuel, which must be replenished by holding Materials and inserting them into the Master Cycle Zero's tank. The Master Cycle Zero can be summoned almost anywhere, though there are a few locations where it cannot spawn, such as the majority of Gerudo Desert and the burning areas of Eldin.
The Master Cycle Zero comes equipped with a headlight, which illuminates the path forward. Link is capable of fighting while on the Master Cycle Zero, much like with Horse-based combat. When driven into enemies, the Master Cycle Zero will damage them. The Master Cycle Zero is capable of performing jumping actions known as Zero Jumps. Additionally, Link is immune to damage from falling while on the Master Cycle Zero. If the Master Cycle Zero is dropped into a body of water, it will disappear, requiring Link to summon it once more. Link cannot register the Master Cycle Zero at a Stable, as it will disappear the moment he speaks to a Stable's owner. Link also cannot affix Octo Balloons to the Master Cycle Zero. No music plays when riding Master Cycle Zero.
- Series producer Eiji Aonuma wanted to add a motorcycle to Breath of the Wild as playing the game's massive world on a Horse reminded him of the first time he rode a motorcycle. However, the idea was originally rejected by the staff as they thought it would break the game. When looking for a reward after completing The Champions' Ballad DLC, Aonuma insisted again, finally getting the idea approved, with the programmers even buying a motocross bike in order to understand how it worked.
- The Master Cycle Zero originally had a wolf-based design but was changed as Link is always riding Horses in Breath of the Wild.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Destrier de légende 0.1||Legendary steed 0.1|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
|Master Cycle Zero trailer from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe|
- "Master Cycle Zero" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Master Cycle Zero" — N/A (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe)
- "You faced that challenge with great courage. You have erased all doubt from my mind. You are a true hero. As such, you were destined to take hold of this ancient masterpiece..." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "That which you have obtained...is a masterpiece of innovation, created for the one true hero." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hero of Hyrule... May the Goddess smile upon you." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Summon Master Cycle Zero
Insert materials into the tank to convert them into fuel. You can freely call upon this item, but summoning it will not work in certain areas." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Master Cycle Zero's fuel can be refilled by placing materials in its fuel tank." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Whoa, whoa, whoa! This is a foot race, not a hoof race! No horses allowed! Hey... That means I win by default!" — Konba (Breath of the Wild)
- Creating a Champion pg. 424
- Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC Dev. Talk - ft. Mr. Aonuma & Mr. Fujibayashi, YouTube (Video), published January 31, 2018, retrieved August 9, 2019.