In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Master Craftsman's Son
|Master Craftsman's Son|
The Master Craftsman's Son appears as a depressed deadbeat. While Link is a child, the Master Craftsman's Son can be found underneath the tree near the entrance to Kakariko Village at night. He is the Master Craftsman's son and the Cucco Lady's brother. He also appears to be the Granny's grandson, but it is also possible that she is his mother. When Link speaks to the Master Craftsman's Son, he will comment on how he finds everyone, including his own mother and father, to be disgusting.
The Master Craftsman's Son is part of the Trading Quest. When Link is an adult, he can talk to the Cucco Lady after waking Talon with the Pocket Cucco, resulting in her giving Link a blue Cucco named Cojiro. She mentions that the Cucco used to belong to her brother, and ever since he disappeared, Cojiro has stopped crowing. Link can then find the Master Craftsman's Son in the Lost Woods sleeping beside a tree stump where a Skull Kid would play his flute. When Link shows him Cojiro, he will wake up and be surprised that someone else has been able to tame the Cucco. Taking this as a sign that Link is a "nice guy," he asks the hero to deliver an Odd Mushroom to the old lady in the Potion Shop.
Upon showing the Odd Mushroom to the Potion Shop Lady, she calls the Master Craftman's Son a "bum" for going into the Lost Woods, and asks Link that if he sees "that fool", to give him the Odd Potion. However, when Link returns to the forest to give the Master Craftman's Son the medicine, Fado is there instead. She explains that due to the fabled curse of the woods, he is gone and has become a Stalfos.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Garçon punk (OoT)||Punk boy|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Even my own son doesn't have a job, and he just wanders around all day!" — Master Craftsman (Ocarina of Time)
- "Who's there? What a bad kid, trying to enter from the rear door! Such a bad kid... I have to tell you some juicy gossip! The boss carpenter has a son... He's the guy who sits under the tree every night... Don't tell the boss I told you that!" — Carpenters (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 239(OoT)
- "Its name is Cojiro, and it used to be my brother's Cucco. Its blue body is quite charming. It's so cute! Since my brother has gone, it's strange, but Cojiro has stopped crowing." — Cucco Lady (Ocarina of Time)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time — Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 114
- "People are disgusting. My own father and mother are disgusting. You must be disgusting, too!" — Master Craftsman's Son (Ocarina of Time)
- "Cojiro? Why? Normally only a nice guy like me can tame you... Which means... You... You must be a nice guy! Must be! You must be!! Please Mr. Nice Guy! Please! Deliver this stuff to the old hag in the potion shop in Kakariko Village!" — Master Craftsman's Son (Ocarina of Time)
- "That bum! He had to go into the forest... [...] If you see that fool, give this to him. It is the strongest medicine I have ever produced. However, this potion will not work on a monster... They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool... I guess that's true..." — Granny (Ocarina of Time)
- "That guy isn't here anymore. Anybody who comes into the forest will be lost. Everybody will become a Stalfos. Everybody, Stalfos." — Fado (Ocarina of Time)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 239