We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
A group of Masked Followers
The Masked Followers are a group of Loruleans that have begun to wear masks in the images of monsters. They are a cult led by the Masked Elder, who preaches to his followers and visitors to resist the corruption of thievery and to don the masks of monsters, which he states will bring them salvation from Lorule's deteriorating world. These beliefs are shared by the members. The Masked Elder can be found standing on a pedestal in Thieves' Town, preaching to three of his followers. While only this group state themselves to be Masked Followers, other people wearing masks can also be found throughout Lorule, implying a connection to the main group. The Captain in the Thieves' Town Milk Bar also suggests there are more followers.
Two characters are referred to as Masked Follower by name. The male Masked Follower can be found with the Elder, and mentions to Link how the statues to the north of town are entrances to a hideout, hinting the location of the Thieves' Hideout. Although frightened, he had tried to knock on the door, but was told to leave. The female Masked Follower complains how she cannot see through her mask's eye, but implores that Link also wear a mask and be saved. Another follower, the Masked Granny, states she is the Elder's housekeeper and was made to join as part of the job.
The Masked Followers have a tendency of saying "Mumbo jumbo" at the end of their conversations. Given that the Masked Granny was made to join, it may be that some followers may have been forced into the group.
- Several of the Masked Followers wear masks resembling characters from A Link to the Past.
- The male Masked Follower's mask resembles the Bomb Shopkeeper.
- The female Masked Follower's mask resembles a Hinox.
- The Masked Granny's mask resembles the Digging Game keeper.
- The Derby Girl's mask resembles the transformed Bully.
- The Lakeside Item Seller's mask resembles the Shooting Gallery keeper.
- The Bird-Masked Man's mask bares a slight resemblance to the storytelling bird.
|Names in Other Regions|
|German||Male: Maskierter Mann|
Female: Maskierte Frau
- "Though we have seen the world crumble before us, we must not give in to the corruption of thievery!" — Masked Elder (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Monsters can keep you strong! They are your only salvation, my son! You must don the mask! Don the mask!" — Masked Elder (A Link Between Worlds)
- "We are corrupt. CORRUPT! Do not be deceived. Only monsters will save us now! Mumbo jumbo, mumbo jumbo..." — Masked Elder (A Link Between Worlds)
- "The only way to get saved is to become a monster! C'mon! Get saved! Mumbo jumob, mumbo jumbo..." — Masked Follower (woman) (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Look around, kiddo. It's all thieves and creepy masked folks in this village." — Captain (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Those statues at the north edge of town are entrances to some sort of hideout." — Masked Follower (man) (A Link Between Worlds)
- "I'm the guru's housekeeper. If the guru says that this is part of the job, then who am I to complain?" — Masked Granny (A Link Between Worlds)