Marine Research Laboratory
|Marine Research Laboratory|
Features and Overview
The laboratory is stationed in the Great Bay Coast. It specializes in the research of water quality and marine life-forms. Inside is a giant water tank especially prepared for Zora Eggs, and in a corner is a smaller Fish tank with two hungry Fish inside.
The Professor works here, researching the creatures of the Great Bay Coast. As explained by the doctor, if Lulu's Zora Eggs are not kept in the specifically-made aquarium, they may die. The reason for this is that Zora Eggs are very sensitive to extreme changes in temperature, and since Great Bay has had abnormal weather patterns recently, they are not safe in such an environment. Knowing this, the Professor prepared the aquarium for the Eggs long ago so that they may properly hatch.
Once Link has rescued all seven of the Zora Eggs and has placed them inside the aquarium, the Zora Eggs will instantly hatch and teach him the "New Wave Bossa Nova", which is needed to get Lulu's voice back.
If Link feeds the hungry Fish that are inside the smaller tank with four smaller Fish, he will receive a Piece of Heart as a reward.
- In Majora's Mask 3D, a Love Tester, a toy made by Nintendo in 1969, can be seen behind some beakers and vials on a table.
- The Marine Research Laboratory is referred to as the Marine Lab in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide by Versus Books. However, as this contradicts the name given in Majora's Mask, it is not considered Canon.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide by Versus Books pg. 61
- "Marine Research Lab - Researching water quality and marine life-forms in Great Bay." — Sign (Majora's Mask)
- "But if they aren't kept in this aquarium until then...they may die." — The Professor (Majora's Mask)
- "The reason for this is that the recent abnormal weather has caused the ocean temperature to rise in this region. Zora eggs are very sensitive to changes in the temperature." — The Professor (Majora's Mask)
- "The only way the eggs can hatch is if they're placed in this aquarium water, which I set aside for them long ago." — The Professor (Majora's Mask)
- "Also, don't miss yet another old-school Nintendo toy in the Marine Research Lab in the Great Bay region. Inside the lab, on the table tucked away behind some beakers and vials is the original Nintendo Love Tester." — Majora's Mask 3D Easter Eggs, IGN, retrieved July 9, 2015.