|Era||Era of Light and Dark|
|Theme Music||(OoS | OoA)|
Maple is a recurring character in The Legend of Zelda series. She is the apprentice witch of her grandmother Syrup in Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. In the Game Boy Advance remake of A Link to the Past, Maple replaces the Hooded Shopkeeper as the Witch's Hut keeper.
She likes to sneak out and fly her broomstick, though her skills on it are somewhat questionable, often swooping about and crashing into Link. Maple's inability to control her broomstick causes many of her, and Link's, items to scatter about the ground. However, in order for Maple to crash in to Link, Link must walk up to Maple while she is riding the broomstick, ironically.
Maple appears after Link has killed thirty monsters, or fifteen while wearing Maple's Ring. Whenever Link 'bumps' into Maple, a large amount of both of their items are thrown about the area. Maple will waste little time gathering her dropped items, grabbing everything, even Link's items. Depending on how many of Link's fallen Rupees she is able to collect over time, Maple will eventually trade her broom for a vacuum cleaner. In a Linked Game, Maple is even capable of riding a flying saucer. Link will not drop any major items when bumping into Maple, such as the Sword, Pieces of Heart or the Seed Satchel.
In A Link to the Past & Four Swords, when Link talks to her in the Magic Shop, Maple gives him a sample of Red Potion, effectively restoring all his heart containers.
Maple follows Link around, even through time in Oracle of Ages, flying down to him every 30 enemies, or 15 with Maple's Ring, he defeats. The first time Link bumps into her in the past in Oracle of Ages, she states she flew through a time portal, explaining her presence 400 years in the past. The rarity of the item she has, usually the Ring, is often signified by how erratically she flies. The more complex the path she takes, the rarer the items she has. Maple appears only on certain screens of the map.
When Link first bumps into Maple, she is upset and annoyed with Link. Later on, though, she seems to view her crash encounters more as a game, and will be happy or sad depending on how many items Link is able to grab before her.
The items dropped by both Maple and Link have a certain priority level to Maple.
- Piece of Heart
- Gasha Seed
- Magic Potion
- Magic Ring
- Mystical Seeds
- Red Rupees
- Green Rupees
Oracle of Seasons (Himekawa)
- Her full name is Maple Syrup, as seen in the Oracle of Seasons You Decide on the Adventure book.
- Irene from A Link Between Worlds is similar to Maple in both appearance and personality.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Maple is an apprentice witch to her grandmother. She often sneaks away from training and flies around on the magic broom she recently learned to ride. Occasionally, she unexpectedly flies down and crashes into Link." (Oracle of Seasons manual, pg. 8)
- "Maple" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 250(OoS) & 254(OoA))
- "You just hit Maple, the Great Witch Syrup's apprentice!" — Maple (Oracle of Seasons)
- "I'll just take the stuff you dropped, too! Finders keepers!" — Maple (Oracle of Seasons)
- "We meet again! You know the drill! Faster one wins. Ready..? Go!" — Maple (Oracle of Seasons)