Mamu is a character in Link's Awakening.
Mamu resides in the pond beneath the Signpost Maze. He teaches Link the "Frog's Song of Soul" after paying him 300 Rupees. Mamu remarks that the ones who hear the song feel more alive. Mamu cannot be revisited afterwards, as he and his choir are away on tour according to the sign outside the pond. His fate is unknown after the Wind Fish awaken, as the dream world disappears as well.
| Names in Other Regions
||Reference to the final boss of Super Mario Bros. 2
Link learning the "Frog's Song of Soul" from Mamu
Artwork of Mamu from the Link's Awakening guide
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "'BRRING! BRRING! Yeah, this is Ulrira! You are starting to like music, eh? Well, a frog named Mamu, who lives in the Signpost Maze, might know some new songs, but he charges a lot to play them! Bye! CLICK!'" — Grandpa Ulrira (Link's Awakening DX)
- ↑ "Mamu" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 233(LA))
- ↑ "Ribbit! Ribbit! I'm Mamu, on vocals! But I don't need to tell you that, do I? Everybody knows me! Want to hang out and listen to us jam? For 300 Rupees, we'll let you listen to a previously unreleased cut! What do you do?" — Mamu (Link's Awakening DX)
- ↑ "You've learned The Frog's Song of Soul! It's a very moving tune... It can even liven up unliving things!" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- ↑ "If you play this song, you'll make everything around you feel more alive!" — Mamu (Link's Awakening DX)
- ↑ "GONE ON TOUR MAMU" — TBD (Link's Awakening DX)
- ↑ "... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I AM THE WIND FISH... LONG HAS BEEN MY SLUMBER... IN MY DREAMS... AN EGG APPEARED AND WAS SURROUNDED BY AN ISLAND, WITH PEOPLE, ANIMALS, AN ENTIRE WORLD! ... ... ... ... BUT, VERILY, IT BE THE NATURE OF DREAMS TO END! WHEN I DOST AWAKEN, KOHOLINT WILL BE GONE... ONLY THE MEMORY OF THIS DREAM LAND WILL EXIST IN THE WAKING WORLD... SOMEDAY, THOU MAY RECALL THIS ISLAND... THAT MEMORY MUST BE THE REAL DREAM WORLD... ... ... ... ... COME, Link ... LET US AWAKEN... TOGETHER!!" — Wind Fish (Link's Awakening DX)