The exterior of Mama's Cafe
Features and Overview
Mama's Cafe is located in Hyrule Town. In the Cafe Rafters above the Cafe live some of the Town Minish holding a similar bar, who are being visited by some of the Forest Picori. The Hurdy-Gurdy Man can be found here, and will Fuse Kinstone Pieces with Link. Also, there is a Minish-sized bridge leading from the Cafe into the back of Stockwell's Shop, which allows Link to gain access to the back of the shop where he obtains the Dog Food to give to Fifi at Lake Hylia.
In this place, Link can find Gepper, Mama, Baris, Jasmine, Chai, and Breve, with whom he can fuse Kinstone Pieces. Outside, he can fuse Kinstone Pieces with June. At the end of the game, Herb is seen outside the Cafe and rewards Link if he has collected all the Figurines from the Figurine Gallery.
|Mama's Cafe (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|This is the best place in town to relax.|
You can also pick up some good tips,
from the latest gossip to observations
about the world.
- While Mama is the name of the proprietress of Mama's Cafe, it is also a term to refer to a proprietress of a bar in Japan.
- The names of many of the people of Mama's Cafe are related to drinks, similar to the Wind Tribe's relation to weather.
- Jasmine is a plant used in tea. Jasmine's Japanese name, ブルマン (Buruman), is a blend of coffee.
- Breve comes from caffè breve, a latte. Breve's Japanese name, キリマン (Kiriman), is another blend of coffee.
- Chai is a tea. Chai's Japanese name, チーノ (Cīno), is a shortening of the Japanese spelling of cappuccino.
- Baris comes from barista. Baris's Japanese name, モカ (Moka); comes from mocha.
- An herb is used for making tea. Herb's Japanese name, オーレ (Ō Re), is the Japanese spelling of "au lait".