In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Malo Mart,[name reference needed] also known as Kakariko Goods,[name reference needed] is a recurring location in The Legend of Zelda series. Its flagship store, located in Kakariko Village, is owned and operated by Malo.
Features and Overview
Malo Mart is originally a run-down shop in Kakariko Village known as Kakariko Goods. When Malo finds it, he decides to reopen the shop as his own. Although he can be a bit rude, he likes to keep his prices low and serve his customers well, hoping to be a financial "hero." Malo Mart is the only place where Link can purchase the Hawkeye and the Hylian Shield.
After Link obtains the Master Sword, Malo Mart proposes a Townspeople-Relief Plan to stop shops in Hyrule Castle Town gouging prices. However, Malo Mart lacks the funds to enact this Plan so Gor Ebizo asks Link to donate to Malo Mart's cause, first asking for 1000 Rupees to fix the Bridge between Hyrule Field and East Castle Town. Upon receiving enough Rupees to fix the Bridge, Gor Ebizo celebrates and hopes Link will continue to fund the Plan while Malo notes that the shops will soon regret their price-gouging. For the next part of the Plan, Malo Mart needs 2000 Rupees to buy Chudley's Fine Goods and Fancy Trinkets Emporium in Castle Town. If Link delivers the Hot Springwater to the Goron near the newly repaired Bridge, Malo Mart manages to save up Rupees, reducing the amount of Rupees needed to buy Chudley's Fine Goods and Fancy Trinkets Emporium to 200 Rupees.
Wares and Pricing
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Malo Mart" — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "I decided to take on this unmanned shop..." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- "Time is money. If you're done shopping, quit wasting both." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- "I may not be a hero, but maybe I can help people with heroic business deals." — Malo (Twilight Princess)
- "Welllllcome...to Malo Mart! I have heard from a reliable source that shops in Hyrule Castle Town are gouging prices, crushing folks under the thumb of commerce! Well, fear not, Brudda, for Malo Mart has proposed a townspeople-relief plan as an answer to the lamentations of the common man! Phase One: Repair the broken bridge leading from east Castle Town to the field in order to improve traffic! Phase Two: Buy that Castle Town shop and sell products to the town at reduced prices! You have heard me right, Brudda!" — Gor Ebizo (Twilight Princess HD)
- "There is a problem, however... The finances for the execution of this glorious plan are...lacking! Please, Brudda! Offer some financial support to aid in the purchase of the Castle Town shop! For the benefit of the people!" — Gor Ebizo (Twilight Princess HD)
- "We are 1000 Rupees short of funding for the bridge repairs... We need that bridge for a steady flow of goods to Castle Town... We MUST bring the cost of goods down in Castle Town, Brudda! Could you please help support this worthy cause?" — Gor Ebizo (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Glorious day! We have collected enough funds to finance repairs to the bridge connecting east Castle Town to Hyrule Field, Brudda!" — Gor Ebizo (Twilight Princess HD)
"Those corrupt, price-gouging shops in Castle Town are officially on notice! Soon they will rue!" — Malo (Twilight Princess HD)
"We hope you will continue your financial support of our efforts to sell products in the town at discounted prices, Brudda!" — Gor Ebizo (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Thanks to all, the bridge is built, the trade route is secure, and we saved money for the economic development of Castle Town! But in order to reach our Castle Town development goal, we still need 200 Rupees!" — Gor Ebizo (Twilight Princess HD)