Maike is a character in Breath of the Wild.
Maike is a Gerudo merchant in the Kara Kara Bazaar who sells Materials and Food. If Link speaks to Maike during the day, she will attempt to say "good morning" in Hylian and explains that they say "sav'otta" in Gerudo. If Link speaks to her at night, she will try to say "good evening" in Hylian and explains that they say "sav'sabba" there. She also incorrectly says "welcome" in Hylian as "well come" and explains that they say "vasaaq" in Gerudo. Maike's little sister, Estan, runs a butcher shop in Gerudo Town. Maike tells Link that Estan knows the Hylian Language well, recommending that he stop by and meet her. However, Maike quickly realizes that as a man, Link would not be allowed to enter Gerudo Town and meet her.
If Link speaks to Maike while searching for the man who discovered a way into Gerudo Town, he may ask her if she has seen a suspicious male merchant. Maike will be unable to recall someone of that description, suggesting that Link asks one of the Hylian merchants at the Bazaar instead.
Wares and Pricing
|A bass that's been cooked whole over an open flame. It's flaky and savory smelling. Offers more hearts than the raw version.||23 Rupees|
|Raw meat cooked over an open flame. Cooking it has increased its flavor and the number of hearts it provides.||30 Rupees|
|The severed tail of a Lizalfos. It continues to wriggle even after being separated from its body. That kind of vitality makes it highly valued as an ingredient in elixirs.||112 Rupees|
|Names in Other Regions|
- "My little sister runs a butcher shop over in Gerudo Town." — Maike (Breath of the Wild)
- "Good...morning... Heh, that's how you say it where you're from, isn't it? Here, we say "sav'otta."" — Maike (Breath of the Wild)
- "Good...evening... Heh, that's how you say it where you're from, isn't it? Here, we say "sav'sabba."" — Maike (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well...come... Did I get that right? Isn't that how you say it where you're from? Here, we say "vasaaq."" — Maike (Breath of the Wild)
- "She's traveled all over, so she knows your language pretty well. You should stop by and..." — Maike (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, of course. You're a voe, so you won't even be able to get past the front gates..." — Maike (Breath of the Wild)
- "You want to know if I've seen a suspicious-looking male merchant?" — Maike (Breath of the Wild)
- "Suspicious, huh... Hmmmm... Ahh, I dunno. It's hard to say. I spend all my time right here, and I don't know how I'd tell if someone was a merchant..." — Maike (Breath of the Wild)
- "Anyway, there are Hylian merchants here, too. Why don't you go ask one of them?" — Maike (Breath of the Wild)