The Magician's Contest is an event featured in "The Ringer" episode of The Legend of Zelda TV series. Taking place inside the North Castle, it is being judged by Princess Zelda and is only meant for amateur magicians.
At the start of the contest, an old wizard shows the princess a spell that he uses in his garden, which makes a tomatoe grow instantly; however, the tomatoe grows bigger until it explodes all over the wizard and Zelda. At that moment, Ganon arrives, who had disguised himself to enter the contest and cause a distraction to retrieve the Triforce of Wisdom. When Zelda asks him if he is an amateur magician, the evil wizard answers by making a bird appear out of his hands, which the princess approves of but asks that he wait his turn. Zelda continues to judge the contest while Ganon makes the bird turn into an Ache and orders it to go see who is guarding the Triforce of Wisdom. Meanwhile, another magician shows Zelda the spell that removes the stinkiness from his socks. The Ache eventually returns and informs Ganon that Link is guarding the Triforce, and when one of the magicians makes a lizard appear on Zelda's hand, Ganon uses his magic to turn the lizard into a fire-breathing dragon that promptly turns towards the princess, thus permanently ending the contest for the rest of the episode.
- "The Triforce must be guarded, and I'm already late to judge the magician's contest." — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 1 )
- "Are you an amatuer magician then?" — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 1 )
- "And this is a spell I use in my garden, your Highness. Watch." — Old Wizard (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 1 )
- "Obviously, if I want the Triforce of Wisdom, I'm going to have to get it myself. There is a contests of amateur magicians in Hyrule today. I shall enter that contest!" — Ganon (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 13 )
- "Fine, wait your turn." — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 1 )
- "Quickly, fly to the tower if anyone guards the Triforce of Wisdom." — Ganon (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 1 )
- "This is my best spell, your Highness, it removes the stinkiness from my dirty socks." — Amateur Magician (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 1 )