The Magical Sword as seen in The Adventure of Link
|Comparable Item(s)||Master Sword|
The Magical Sword,(TLoZ | TAoL | HW) also known as the Magic Sword,(SCII) is a recurring sword in The Legend of Zelda series. The Magical Sword goes unnamed in Captain N: The Game Master.
Location and Uses
The Legend of Zelda
In The Legend of Zelda, Link finds the Magical Sword in the possession of an Old Man who lives underneath a grave in the Cemetery. The Old Man requires that Link have at least twelve Heart Containers in his life meter before he gives Link the Sword. The sword has the same properties as all of the other Swords in the game, such as the ability to shoot Sword Beams, but this Sword does more damage to enemies. In fact, the weapon is entirely optional, as only the Silver Arrows and any kind of Sword are required to defeat Ganon.
The Adventure of Link
In The Adventure of Link, Link departs on his quest with the Magical Sword in his left hand and the Magical Shield in his right. Link is able to augment the Sword's ability to fire Sword Beams with the Fire spell, which allows the Sword to shoot fireballs even if Link is not at full health. The Sword will also do more damage if Link levels up his Attack stats. The Sword is pictured on the game's box art.
- In the prototype version of The Legend of Zelda, the Magical Sword required only 8 Hearts to be obtained instead of 12.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||マジカルソード (Majikaru Sōdo)||Magical Sword|
|FrenchEU||Epée Magique||Magic Sword|
|German||Magisches Schwert||Magic Sword|
|Italian||Spada Magica (HW)||Magic Sword|
The Magical Sword from The Legend of Zelda
Artwork of the Magical Sword featuring golden tints from The Adventure of Link
The Magical Sword from Captain N: The Game Master
Link bearing the Magical Sword from Soulcalibur II
The Magical Sword from Hyrule Warriors
- "MAGICAL SWORD" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 383)
- "Magical Sword" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 127)
- "Then, with a magical sword in his left hand and a magical shield in his right, he set off alone in his long travels." (The Adventure of Link manual, pg. 12)
- "Good at penetrating defenses, but weak against impact" — Sword description (Soulcalibur II)
- "The Magical Sword requires eight hearts in the prototype and 12 in the final." — Proto:The Legend of Zelda, The Cutting Room Floor, retrieved May 1, 2016.