|The Magic Scroll is never seen in the book|
The Magic Scroll is an item featured in The Crystal Trap. The scroll is in the hands of Ganon and has the ability to encase the Triforce of Wisdom and Triforce of Courage in a magic crystal. Although it is not revealed how Ganon came about the scroll, he can summon it any time he wants by simply waving his arm, which makes the scroll appear immediately in his hand. Since the Triforce of Courage is in Link's heart, it encases him as well, leading Princess Zelda on a quest to break the spell of the scroll before the young hero gets trapped in the crystal for eternity.
The only way to break the Magic Scroll's spell is by obtaining the three objects as dictated by the Fairy's Scroll: the Magnifying Glass, the Handprint, and the Magic Honey. Once the three items are brought together and used on the crystal, the crystal will open up, freeing Link. However, as mentioned by Ganon, the evil wizard could simply cast the spell again using the Magic Scroll to once again encase Link in the crystal.
Towards the end of the book, Link throws the Spear at Ganon, which goes through his hand and nails the scroll to a nearby tree trunk. Afterward, the spear along with the Magic Scroll disappear as they sink into the bark of the tree.
- "Ganon waves his arm and the crystal-making scroll appears in his twisted hand." (Crystal Trap (Archway) pg. 22)
- "'I already have the Triforce of Power, but I need all three parts of the Triforce to complete my hold on Hyrule. Since I cannot get the Triforces of Courage and Wisdom from you, then you shall not be able to use them, either,' he says. 'With this magic scroll, I have cast a spell to encase them in unbreakable crystal. Of course, since the Triforce of Courage is in Link's heart, I'm afraid the poor boy will have to be shut up in the crystal also.'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway) pg. 65)
- "'There's only one way to break the crystal, and I don't think you'll ever figure it out, or find three things you need. By thes time tomorrow, Link will be trapped in the crystal forever!'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway) pg. 65)
- "'I'm sorry I can't stay with you, but maybe this will help.' She drops a scroll at Zelda's feet. [...] Zelda picks up the scroll. 'It's a riddle,' she says. I wonder what it means?' 'Look for something hotter than [fire], colder than [ice], and sweeter than [sugar].'" (Crystal Trap (Archway) pg. 19)
- "'You've done better than I expected. You broke my crystal spell. You fool! Don't you know I'll just cast it again?'." (Crystal Trap (Archway) pg. 19)
- "Link hurls the spear. Ganon throws a flaming fireball at it, but the magic weapon can't be stopped. It hits Ganon in the hand and nails the scroll to the tree trunk. [...] As they watch, the spear begins to sink into the bark of the tree, taking the scroll with it. In a few moments, both disappear." (Crystal Trap (Archway) pg. 119)