Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Comparable Item(s)||Mystery Seeds|
Location and Uses
A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, Magic Powder can be obtained from Syrup after giving her the Magic Mushroom, which can be found in the Lost Woods. Once Link gives her the mushroom, he must leave the area and return. Then, her assistant (Maple in A Link to the Past & Four Swords) will give him the Magic Powder inside the Magic Shop.
Magic Powder can dissolve Bushes, turn Buzz Blobs into Cukemen, and turn Bubbles and Rabbit Beams into Fairies. It can also be used on various enemies, turning them into a Slime. Magic Powder can also be used to awaken the Mad Batter inside a well near the Dwarven Swordsmiths' Shop. When sprinkled on the altar, it summons the Mad Batter, who rants at Link before doubling his Magic Meter.
In Link's Awakening, Link can first obtain Magic Powder by giving the Sleepy Toadstool to the Witch, which will turn it into Powder. It can also be won at the Trendy Game. It can be used to light Torches, defeat enemies, and remove the spell put on Tarin after eating a toadstool.
- In A Link to the Past, if Link sprinkles Magic Powder onto the Cucco inside the house of one of the Informant Woman in Kakariko Village, it will become a woman and scold Link for teasing the other Cuccos. If he sprinkles Magic Powder on the Sweeping Lady in front of her house, she turns into a Fairy.
- In Link's Awakening, if Link sprinkles Magic Powder on a small pile of bones in the Yarna Desert, it will offer advice on where to find a Piece of Heart in the area.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||まほうのこな (Mahō no Kona)||Same as English.|
|FrenchEU||Poudre Magique||Same as English.|
|German||Zauberpulver (LANS)||Same as English.|
|Italian||Polvere Magica||Same as English.|
|SpanishEU||Polvos mágicos (LANS)||Same as English.|
|SpanishLA||Polvos mágicos (LA)||Same as English.|
- "MAGIC POWDER
This Powder, made from the Sleepy Mushrooms of Koholint Island, has mystical powers. Try to sprinkle it on many things to test its effects. If you find a Sleepy Mushroom, take it to a witch, and have her change the mushroom into Powder for you." (Link's Awakening manual, pg. 16)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 130(ALttP | LA)
- "Magical Powder
This magical concoction has unpredictable effects on certain things. Try sprinkling it on a bush to cause a strange chemical reaction. Its effect on other living things is said to be even stranger." (A Link to the Past manual, pg. 39)
- "Cluck cluck... What?! You turned me into a human. I can even speak! Aha, it must be you who is always teasing my friends. The Weathercock is always watching you harass them." — Cucco (A Link to the Past)
- "The sweeping lady in Kakariko Village was not the person she seemed. When Link tossed some Magic Powder on her, she turned into a Faerie! In fact, each time Link came out of the house, the sweeping woman returned and could be turned into a Faerie once again." (A Link to the Past Player's Guide (Nintendo of America), pg. 131)
- "Ahhh... Yess... That dust was so refreshing... For that, I'll tell you a hint! Use a Bomb in a place where the sand swallows you... There is a treat on the other side of the wall... Bye!" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)