|Comparable Abilities||Stamina Gauge|
The Magic Meter appears as a green bar (white in The Adventure of Link) on the HUD, which decreases when Magic Power is used. It can be refilled by picking up Magic Jars, drinking Potions, or by being healed by a Great Fairy or certain types of Fairies. The Magic Meter is drained when using Spells or certain items that use Magic Power, such as the Fire and Ice Arrows. Enemies such as Bubbles can drain Link's Magic Meter if they come into contact with him.
The Magic Meter can also be upgraded. Depending on the game, it can either be extended or its Magic Power consume rate decreased.
|Game||How to upgrade||Effect|
|The Adventure of Link||Using Experience points
Finding Magic Containers
|Decreases the amount of Magic consumed|
Increases the size of the Magic Meter
|A Link to the Past||Obtained after sprinkling the Mad Batter with Magic Powder on the shrine next to the Dwarven Swordsmiths' house||Halves the amount of Magic consumed|
|Ocarina of Time||Obtained from the Great Fairy of Wisdom in the Death Mountain Crater||Doubles the size of the Magic Meter|
|Majora's Mask||Obtained after returning all Stray Fairies in the Snowhead Temple to its respective Great Fairy Fountain (MM)
Obtained after returning all Stray Fairies in the Woodfall Temple to its respective Great Fairy Fountain (MM3D)
|Doubles the size of the Magic Meter|
|The Wind Waker||Obtained from a Great Fairy after defeating the Big Octo in the Two-Eye Reef||Doubles the size of the Magic Meter|
- During development of Ocarina of Time, only adult Link could use Magic.
- Early images of Twilight Princess show a Magic Meter, suggesting that it was intended to appear in the game at some point in development. This is further supported by the fact that a Green Chu Jelly can be obtained in the Wii and HD versions of the game by merging a Blue and a Yellow Chuchu. It was probably intended to refill the Magic Meter.
- An early version of Breath of the Wild also featured a Magic Meter.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Jauge de magie (OoT3D)||Magic gauge|
|FrenchEU||Compteur magique (ALttP)||Same as English.|
|Italian||Bara della magia (OoT3D)||Magic bar|
|SpanishLA||Barra de magia (OoT3D)||Magic bar|
- "But what's the MAIN difference? Perhaps magic, since you can only use it when Link is an adult." —Shigeru Miyamoto (The Z-Files)
- TheStrawhatNO, Green Chu Jelly (LoZ: Twilight Princess), YouTube, published September 27, 2012.
- Nintendo, Wii U - The Legend of Zelda - Gameplay First Look from The Game Awards, YouTube, published December 5, 2014, retrieved June 16, 2016.
|Gameplay Elements of The Legend of Zelda Series|