Magic Hags' Potion Shop
|Magic Hags' Potion Shop|
Features and Overview
Owned by the sorceress sisters Koume and Kotake, it is located in the Southern Swamp. It opens from 6 AM to 6 PM, or all day in Majora's Mask 3D. At first, Kotake will only have the Red and Green Potions for sale, but if Link brings her a Mushroom, she will be able to make and start selling the Blue Potion.
The shop itself is shaped like a giant kettle, painted red and suspended on a high platform above a small lake. Kotake generally serves customers in the shop while Koume gathers ingredients, such as Mushrooms, in other areas of the swamp. During the three days that Link repeats in Termina, Koume is attacked by the Skull Kid and is immobilized in the Woods of Mystery. If Link encounters her, he can report her status to Kotake in return for a Red Potion, which he then can use to revitalize Koume. However, if Link does not rescue the hag before a certain time, Kotake will enter the woods on her broomstick in order to locate her missing sister, and Link will be unable to purchase Potions from the shop.
Wares and Pricing
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||魔法オババの薬屋 (Mahou Obaba no Kusuriya)||Magic Hags' Potion Shop|
|FrenchCA||Hutte des Sorcières (MM)
Boutique de potions des sorcières (MM3D)
Witches' potion shop
|FrenchEU||Hutte des Potions Magiques||Magic Potion Hut|
|German||Magieladen "Zur alten Schachtel"|
|SpanishEU||Tienda de Pociones Mágicas de la Bruja||Witch's Magic Potion Shop|
|SpanishLA||Tienda de pociones mágicas (MM3D)||Magic potion shop|
- The Magic Hags' Potion Shop is referred to as Kotake's Potion Shop in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide by Versus Books. However, as this contradicts the name given in Majora's Mask, it is not considered Canon.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide by Versus Books , pg. 23
- "Magic Hags' Potion Shop / Preparing for business. / Open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "What's that? You want a Blue Potion, do you? Well, you gave me a mushroom, so I'll give you one for free." — Kotake (Majora's Mask)
- "Have you seen an old hag named Koume who looks just like me? She hasn't come back from gathering medicinal herbs..." — Kotake (Majora's Mask)
- "I was just busy minding my own business, picking mushrooms, when... BAM! I got hit from behind! That pesky Skull Kid! Did he think an old hag wouldn't recognize him if he hid his face? Oh, ow! To think he's that powerful...and now I can't even move!" — Koume (Majora's Mask)
- "What's that?!? The Skull Kid got to Koume?!? That's ridiculous... If it's just the Skull Kid, then what harm could he possibly do? Oh!! Well, if that's true, then take this potion to her... This isn't good..." — Kotake (Majora's Mask)