The Wind Waker
|Maggie (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
|Birthplace: Windfall Island|
Favorite Thing: Love and Romance
Maggie was dirt-poor before being kidnapped and held captive in the Forsaken Fortress. She's quite popular with all boys... but she prefers "wild" boys over all others.
Lately she has taken to writing poems and will soon be publishing one entitled "A Woman's Heart is Blue."
Maggie was once the poor girl of Windfall Island who was then kidnapped and taken to the Forsaken Fortress by the Helmaroc King. According to Mila, she has always been poor. When Link comes to rescue his sister, Maggie is liberated as well, and the pirate Tetra gives her back to her father. When Maggie showed her father the Skull Necklaces she had taken back from the Forsaken Fortress, he went off to sell them, allowing the girl and her father to become rich overnight. Maggie, although rich and living in the Auction House, is still quite depressed. She misses the Moblin named Moe, who apparently liked Maggie and gave her the necklaces. She asks Link to send a letter for her because her father won't allow her to leave the house. A while later after Link sends the letter, her father kicks out Ilari, the Rito postman, who was trying to deliver Moe's letter to Maggie, so Link must find the postman and deliver Moe's letter to Maggie himself. In this letter, Moe writes that he loves Maggie so much that he could eat her "for dinner" in broken, poorly written sentences befitting a Moblin. When she reads his letter, the young girl proclaims that it is a wedding proposal, that she wants to marry Moe,  and that she will set sail for the Forsaken Fortress the following day. She never does, however, for she says she could never leave her dear father behind.
Maggie is quite popular with the boys, but she has a tendency to prefer "wild" boys over others. This could explain her obsession with Moe the Moblin.
Maggie appears to be fond of rabbits. She wears a rabbit-ear headdress and her letter to Moe is sealed with the likeness of a rabbit.
The Minish Cap
Maggie works as a librarian at the Royal Hyrule Library in Hyrule Town in The Minish Cap. After the Library opens and Link attempts to speak with Librari, Maggie will tell him about the three overdue Library Books that were checked out by Julietta, Dr. Left, and Mayor Hagen. When Link returns them, she gladly asks Sturgeon to re-shelve them, granting Link access to Librari.
Maggie's Spanish and German name, Dolores, means "sorrowful", befitting her frugal life in the beginning of the game. In contrast, Mila's Spanish and German name means "fortunate."
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "I'm sure the librarian knows something about where those books went... I wish I were big. Why, I'd walk right up and ask her where those books went!" — Jotari (The Minish Cap)
- "Maggie was dirt-poor before being kidnapped and held captive in the Forsaken Fortress. She's quite popular with all boys...but she prefers "wild" boys over all others. Lately she has taken to writing poems and will soon be publishing one entitled "A Woman's Heart is Blue."" — Figurine (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 258 (TWW) & 270 (TMC)
- "Ooh, hoo hoo! My sweet, sweet daughter! My only daughter! Poor Maggie... She was captured by a bunch of villains and taken to the Forsaken Fortress!" — Maggie's Father (The Wind Waker)
- "I can believe it. After all, two girls from Windfall have already been kidnapped. Poor Maggie and Mila... It just breaks my heart to think about those two." — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- "And to make matters worse, for some reason I still can't figure out, that slob Maggie, who was the poorest girl in town, suddenly got filthy rich! Maggie, of all people! It makes me so mad that I want to do something terrible! Grrrr!" — Mila (The Wind Waker)
- "Why, she even returned with a huge load of lovely, glittering, delicious treasure. Thanks to her little incident, we've become filthy rich overnight! And I mean FILTHY!" — Maggie's Father (The Wind Waker)
- "It was by selling these for lots of cash that my father and I were finally able to escape from poverty!" — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "And to think that I would ever be able to live in such a beautiful, opulent house... It's like a dream come true! Hmmmm... But no! NO! It's a nightmare! Without HIM by my side, it's like a rainstorm rages in my heart..." — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "When I think of my precious little Moe... Troo di loo la la! I can't sleep at night... Why doesn't he write me back?" — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "He was so kind to me in the Forsaken Fortress. That sweet boy who gave me all those expensive necklaces when I fled from that cursed island..." — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "My father has been so strict with me lately. He won't let me out of the house! That's why I need you to take this letter -this note to Moe- and drop it into the postbox for me. Please, troo di loo la!" — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "Silence! I'm telling you we don't allow postmen here! Begone! Begone!" — Maggie's Father (The Wind Waker)
- "Don't be ridiculous! I went through great trials and tribulations to go all the way to the Forsaken Fortress and return with Moe's letter..." — Ilari (The Wind Waker)
- "I came to deliver a letter addressed to Maggie from a Moblin named Moe, but as you saw, the girl's stubborn father won't permit me to give it to her." — Ilari (The Wind Waker)
- "I have an idea. That old fool may not permit postmen on his premises... But surely he would allow YOU in the place, would he not? Could you deliver this letter to Maggie in my stead?" — Ilari (The Wind Waker)
- "This is Moe. I... like... you... ...Ma...ggie... ...so...much...that... ...I...want...to... ...eat you...for dinner." — Moblin's Letter (The Wind Waker)
- "Did you hear that? Those words? This means... I mean, it must mean... Can it be...?!? Is this his marriage proposal?" — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "It must be! At last, my feelings have been conveyed to Moe! At last he understands how I feel!" — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "Whenever I think of my dear father, I lose my resolve to leave home..." — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "He's so infatuated with money and precious objects. And I am quite precious, you know. I guess I just have to stay here with him!" — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "Oh, that Moe... I just adore Moe's messy handwriting. Ooh di loo la la! ♪ It's so dashing...and wild...and dangerous!" — Maggie (The Wind Waker)
- "Now I can finally get that bookshelf on the second floor in order! Hey, Sturgeon! Books to shelve!!" — Maggie (The Minish Cap)