|Location(s)||Village of the Blue Maiden|
The Mages appear in various levels throughout the game, giving bits of advice. For example, one of the Mages, in Kakariko Village, charges Link 100 Force Gems for a fortune that may ironically warn of impending bad luck. Comically, she then robs Link of 300 further Force Gems. However, this Mage may, instead, give Link 1, 200 or 300 Force Gems (after the initial fee of 100), but it is hardly worth it, as the risk is far greater than the potential reward. A guild of secret agents called the Seeker's Guild exist to investigate the mages' connection with the strange disappearance of the children in the Village of the Blue Maiden. They discover that the mages have a shallow connection, but should not be suspected as accomplices in the children's disappearance.
Despite supporting Vaati, they are not harmful enough to be considered enemies. One Mage gives Link a Moon Pearl, another gives him the Magic Book and requests him to give it to her apprentice, and one Mage, who claims having created the Bombos and Quake Medallions, allows Link to use a Quake Medallion. One of the Mages owns a Shooting Gallery in the Village of the Blue Maiden.
- The Fortune Teller from A Link to the Past shares their appearance with the Mages.
- The Mage's laugh sound effect is shared with Aveil from Majora's Mask.
The definition for mage is "a person educated in the magical arts".
- "A weird mage is lurking somewhere back here... I can sometimes hear her talking to herself, and this is what she says: "Deeply connected to this village..." That is most definitely a clue! Go and report this to the chief!" — N/A (Four Swords Adventures)
- "You're the boy who awoke Vaati, aren't you? Thank you very much! You've made the world a better place for our kind!" — Mage (Four Swords Adventures)
- "You want a Moon Pearl? I suppose it's the least I can do after everything you've done for me." — Mage (Four Swords Adventures)
- "We magic users have enchanted two types of medallion. These medallions instantly alter the shape of an evil presence or make it vanish." — Mage (Four Swords Adventures)