Tri Force Heroes
Madame Couture is the titular proprietor of Madame Couture's, where Link may purchase Outfits or order them through her catalog in exchange for Materials. She has an obsession with cats and has a number of them in her shop. Madame Couture's clothes are famous around the world because of the special powers they contain. She is assisted by a green-haired boy.
Madame Couture is also Lady Maud's younger sister. Together they are part of a tribe who specialize in style and powerful magic. However while Madame Couture uses her magic for good by creating Outfits infused with magic, Lady Maud grew power hungry, and eventually cursed Princess Styla. Following the incident, Madame Couture helped the Witch-Hunting Brigade in tracking her down, but feels guilty as Lady Maud is still her sister. She hopes that a worthy hero will one day come not just to save the princess, but also Lady Maud from herself. She also suspects that Lady Maud must have had some reason for cursing the princess.
When Link arrives to Hytopia, he is spotted by Madame Couture's assistant, who believes him to be the chosen hero. Madame Couture herself, however, is highly skeptical that he could be the hero, as she has seen many would-be heroes come and go who all failed to catch the witch. But she reconsiders when Sir Combsly recruits him and sends him back to Madame Couture's shop for her to tailor a Hero Tunic for Link. When Link returns with the Lady's Glasses from the Woodlands, Madame Couture immediately recognizes it as one of Lady Maud's Materials. She starts to regain some hope, as it, along with the Lady's Collar and the Lady's Parasol, can be used to make the Lady's Ensemble and lift the curse from Styla. She implores Link to find the rest of the Materials on his travels in the Drablands.
Madame Couture's name likely stems from Haute couture, a French term for high-end fashion and the creation of quality custom-fitted clothing. Her Japanese name, Tailor, refers to her occupation, a person who makes or repairs clothing.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||マダムテーラー (Madamu Tērā)||Madame Tailor|
|SpanishEU||Madame Sastria||From "sastre" (tailor)|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 305
- "It's time I tell you the whole truth, my dahling. The Lady... is actually my older sister." — Madame Couture (Tri Force Heroes)
- "The owner and top designer of the "Madame Tailor" clothes shop. Because of rumors that special powers dwell within the clothes she makes, they're in high demand worldwide." — Nintendo, ゼルダの伝説 トライフォース３銃士 | ニンテンドー3DS | 任天堂, Zelda.co.jp, published September 16, 2015, retrieved September 24, 2015. (Translation: kaialone)
- "People of our tribe are gifted, my pet. Not just with a keen sense of style, but with real magical abilities!" — Madame Couture (Tri Force Heroes)
- "That's why the clothes I design grant the wearer special powers. The Lady must have gotten power hungry." — Madame Couture (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Uncouth or not, she is still my sister. I feel a bit guilty about helping to hunt her down. But what can be done?" — Madame Couture (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Oui. That's why I was looking for a hero... to save the princess, but also to save The Lady from herself." — Madame Couture (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Still, in my heart of hearts, I can't help but believe The Lady had some reason for doing what she did to le princess..." — Madame Couture (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Hm?! My heavens! You have THAT material! One of The Lady's materials? " — Madame Couture (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Now that you have some of The Lady's materials, it's time I showed you this little piece of work. I call it... The Lady's Ensemble! If you wear this and visit the princess, you should be able to lift her curse! All without defeating The Lady." — Madame Couture (Tri Force Heroes)
- "The materials for The Lady's Ensemble are so rare, I had started to lose hope. But now I have regained le faith. Perhaps you can find them all. That's what heroes do, right? They help people, dahling!" — Madame Couture (Tri Force Heroes)