Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Lynna City, also known as Lynna Village in the past, is a central location in Labrynna in Oracle of Ages. The area is home to key characters and locations of the game's plot, such as the Maku Tree, Queen Ambi, and the Black Tower.
Nearly half of the game's trading sequence takes place here.
Lynna City is a prosperous and peaceful town composed of brick houses, overlooked by the looming and ominous Black Tower, built by the order of Queen Ambi long ago. The city is divided by a river flowing from the Nuun Highlands to the north. These areas separated by the river are joined by interconnected bridges. South Lynna, a small area south of the city where a lone Ember Seed Tree stands, connects the city to the South Shore and the southern ocean of Labrynna. To the east of the city lies the Forest of Time.
Inhabitants of the city include Bipin, a Gasha Seed farmer, and his wife, Blossom, who are raising their newborn child in the city. The village has its own shop, run by Stockwell. Vasu Jewelers is located on the east side of the city. Dr. Troy resides in the northwestern part of the city, and to the south live the Know-It-All Birds. In a house next to the river, Mamamu Yan lives with her pet dog, which will eventually get lost in the city, to be brought back to the owner by Link for the Snowshoe Ring. The Comedian and his partner can also be found within the city. On the outskirts of town to the northwest stands the secluded Mask Shop. The city is governed by a mayor named Plen, whose larger home can be found near the middle of the city.
On his adventures between time and space, Link also visits Lynna City centuries in the past, during the reign of Queen Ambi. The smaller, simpler village is composed of wood houses with thatched roofs. The dreary mood of the hard-working inhabitants is worsened when all the men in the village are sent to work on the Black Tower during the day by the orders of Queen Ambi, who was influenced and later possessed by Veran, Sorceress of Shadows. Veran, while in Nayru's body, created a day that never ends, forcing the villagers to work indefinitely on the tower.
Lynna Village is the seat of the Labrynnian monarchy, reigned by Queen Ambi, who resides in her palace which is connected to the village. The palace is so large that it is almost equal in size to the village itself.
Despite there being four hundred years between the past and the present ages, Lynna Village greatly resembles Lynna City. The Maku Tree can still be found northeast of the village (although she is a mere sapling at the time), and an Ember Seed Tree still stands south of the village (although South Lynna is simply part of the South Shore in the past). New areas appear on the map, such as Northeast Lynna and West Lynna.
Many of the homes seen in this past age are at the very same location as the homes in the present, although they are inhabited by different people:
- Vasu Jewelers becomes a duplex where the Lynna Village Shooting Gallery and the Advance Shop are found.
- Mayor Plen's home becomes the home of the Postman.
- Dr. Troy's home becomes the home of Pippin, a farmer and implied ancestor of Bipin.
- Mamamu Yan's home is becomes the home of Adlar, former advisor to the Queen.
- The Know-It-All Birds' Hut is replaced by a lavatory, inhabited by the ???.
- The house next to where the comedian and his partner stood becomes the home of the sad boy named Dekadin.
Once Link defeats Veran atop the Black Tower, peace returns to the village and all of Labrynna. Afterwards, Link is treated with utmost respect by the inhabitants of Lynna. Statues of Link are placed within the village, which can be seen in the present age as well.
- Lynna's name likely comes from the name of the land in which it is found (Labrynna).
|Names in Other Regions|
|Lynna City||Lynna Village|
|French||Cité Lynna||Village Lynna|
|Italian||Città Lynna||Paese di Lynna|
|Spanish||Ciudad Lynna||Pueblo Lynna|
|Regions in Oracle of Ages|
- "Lynna City
The first city Link visits and a central hub for Labrynna. The Maku Tree grows north of the city, while the Black Tower looms in the southern reaches." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 111 (OoA))
- "Lynna Village
Centuries before Lynna was a city, it was a village ruled by a queen named Ambi. When Link visits the village, Queen Ambi is in the process of building a giant tower south of the village to guide her love home from the sea. Veran manipulates time to bring perpetual daylight and tricks Ambi into forcing her subjects to work on the tower ceaselessly." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 111 (OoA))
- "My precious dog has gotten lost. He's somewhere in town, so I'd like you to get him. He's so delicate. You carry him properly. There is a huge reward if you find him!" — Mamamu Yan (Oracle of Ages)
- "I am Plen, the mayor here in Lynna City." — Mayor Plen (Oracle of Ages)
- "Link, can you go meet the Maku Tree in Lynna Village? The Maku Tree is the guardian of Labrynna." — Impa (Oracle of Ages)
- "This is the entry to the tower being built to the heavens by the order of Queen Ambi." — Worker (Oracle of Ages)
- "All the men have been hauled off to build the tower. Only us old folk remain." — Villager (Oracle of Ages)
- "The village has it hard with the construction of Queen Ambi's tower..." — Villager (Oracle of Ages)
- "Queen Ambi... Now, with my powers, the flow of time is yours to command. For you, I shall create a day that never ends, so the people will never sleep, and work on the tower can continue." — Nayru (Veran) (Oracle of Ages)
- "There's been no night for many days, as if time has stopped." — Villager (Oracle of Ages)
- "My palace is very large--you will not be able to find the way out alone." — Queen Ambi (Oracle of Ages)
- ""When I grow up, I'll marry you!" That's what you said, [Link].♥ Four hundred years I waited. But..." — Maku Tree (Oracle of Ages)
- "I am Adlar. For fifty years, I was a palace advisor, but I have since been chased from the palace and am now retired." — Adlar (Oracle of Ages)
- "Thank you, Link. Thanks to you, Lynna City is a peaceful place once again!" — Nayru (Oracle of Ages)
- "You! Kids aren't allowed in... Sir Link! Excuse me!" — Palace Guard (Oracle of Ages)
- "You look just like the statue outside... Say! Are you Link?!? I never thought I'd actually get to see you!" — Villager (Oracle of Ages)