Features and Overview
The Lottery Shop is located in West Clock Town. Inside, Link can buy a ticket with three numbers he selects for 10 Rupees. If bought, the storefront will turn and show the back of it, where Link can check the winning numbers during the night of the same day. If his ticket matches with the winning numbers, Link will receive a prize of 50 Rupees. Any ticket Link buys is only valid for one day. The shop will only sell tickets from 6 a.m. to 5:59 p.m. and announce the winning numbers from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
The winning numbers are random for each file, but stay the same each time Link goes back in time using the "Song of Time." Thus, Link can cheat by learning the numbers of all three days and then going back in time to use those same numbers to win the lottery.
- In the demo version of the game, the Lottery Shop was called "Lottery Tickets."
- By using the first person view in a specific angle, a mask can be seen behind the storefront after buying a ticket.
|Names in Other Regions|
|SpanishLA||Administración de lotería (MM3D)|
- "Would you like the chance to buy your dreams for 10 Rupees?" — Lottery Shop Attendant (Majora's Mask)
- "We will announce the selected numbers here." — Lottery Shop Attendant (Majora's Mask)
- "Pick any three numbers, and if those are picked, you'll win 50 Rupees." — Lottery Shop Attendant (Majora's Mask)
- "Your lottery ticket is good only through tonight." — Lottery Shop Attendant (Majora's Mask)
- "Closed for the day. Ticket Sales: 6 a.m. ~ 5:59 p.m. Exchanges: 6 p.m. ~ 11 p.m." — Lottery Shop (Majora's Mask)
- "Please note that the winning numbers will be announced tonight from 6:00 to 11:00." — Lottery Shop Attendant (Majora's Mask)
- "It's easy to see how this was changed. "Lottery Tickets" is a really unclear name." — The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask/Preview Demo/Text differences, The Cutting Room Floor, retrieved January 24, 2015.
- Dylan Gidney, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask-Hidden Mask in the Lottery Shop, YouTube, published September 10, 2010, retrieved August 12, 2015.