Milk from Twilight Princess
Milk is a recurring item in The Legend of Zelda series. It can be stored in Bottles and usually has two helpings. Each helping recovers up to five Hearts, with the exception of Twilight Princess where it only recovers three.
- 1 Appearances
- 2 Other Appearances
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Nomenclature
- 5 Gallery
- 6 See Also
- 7 References
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Milk can be obtained directly from the Cows found inside some Secret Grottoes or in Lon Lon Ranch. After playing "Epona's Song" to a Cow, it will reward Link with free Milk. Child Link can also buy Milk from Talon for 30 Rupees.
In Majora's Mask, Link can also get free Milk from Cows, although it can also be purchased from the Milk Bar for 20 Rupees. Link can also buy a special type of Milk called Chateau Romani for 200 Rupees, which grants him unlimited Magic Power for all three days. Apparently, Chateau Romani has an inebriating effect, as evidenced by Gorman, who overindulges after finding out his troupe's show is cancelled. This may be one of the reasons it is considered a drink for adults.
Link must protect several containers of Milk during a sidequest involving Cremia. When her path to Clock Town is blocked, forcing her to drive through the Gorman Track, Link can use his Bow or the Troupe Leader's Mask to ward off two masked bandits who attack her cargo. If Link manages to save enough Milk containers, he will be rewarded with Romani's Mask.
In Majora's Mask 3D, Link can obtain the Mystery Milk from the Gorman Brothers to deliver to Gorman. Link cannot drink it, and it must be delivered in a certain amount of time or it will turn into Moldy Milk. Link must go back in time to dispose the Moldy Milk.
The Minish Cap
In Twilight Princess, Ordon Goat Milk can be purchased in Sera's Sundries for 10 Rupees and in the Goron Shop for 20 Rupees. Link obtains his first Bottle of Milk from Sera after helping her, although it is only half full. This Milk is also used to make Ordon Goat Cheese.
A Link Between Worlds
In A Link Between Worlds, Milk is sold in the Milk Bar in Kakariko Village for 20 Rupees. However, after the completion of the Premium Milk side quest, the price is cut in half. Different from previous games, it only contains one helping.
Breath of the Wild
In Breath of the Wild Milk is referred to as Fresh Milk. It is sold in the East Wind general store in Hateno Village for 12 rupees, with a stock of three available for purchase. It can also be sold for 12 rupees by two traveling merchants, a stock of two are sold by Angus at Dueling Peaks Stable, and a stock of 10 during Rainy Day Specials by Yammo who travels between Tabantha Bridge Stable & Snowfield Stable.
Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love
In Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love, Tingle and friends come across Usotami Village in search of Kakashi, who was captured by Segāre. Once there, they will meet Liar. After a proper meeting, she gives Tingle a list of characteristics of a specific goat-like animal he need to find from a herd. When selected, Liar will milk the animal, finally giving Tingle the Milk. The Milk is used in Big Liar's chamber, where Tingle offers the Milk to calm the monster.
- In The Wind Waker, the Cafe Bar on Windfall Island serves Lon Lon Milk, as a chalkboard written in Hylian advertises it along with Deku Seed Cake and Zora Coffee. However, Link cannot purchase any.
- Also in The Wind Waker, empty Bottles of Lon Lon Milk can be seen in the Nintendo Gallery.
- At one point during the development of The Minish Cap, it was possible to turn Lon Lon Milk into butter. However, this feature was later removed.
|Names in Other Regions|
|ChineseSI||荣蓉牛奶 (Róngróng Niúnǎi) (OoT)
|Lon Lon Milk|
|FrenchCA||Lait Lon Lon (OoT3D)
Lait (MM3D | ALBW)
|Lon Lon Milk|
|FrenchEU||Lait Lon Lon (OoT | TMC)
Lait (MM | TP | ALBW)
|Lon Lon Milk|
|SpanishLA||Leche Lon Lon (OoT3D)||Lon Lon Milk|
Fresh Milk from Breath of the Wild
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 131 (OoT | MM | ALBW)
- "Moooooooooo! What a nice song... It reminds me of the pasture... That song makes me feel so good, I can produce a lot of milk! Have some of my refreshing and nutritious milk!" — Cow (Ocarina of Time)
- "If I give ya more free of charge, Ingo will get mad at me. So I'd better sell it to you for the normal price. Wanna buy milk for 30 Rupees?" — Talon (Ocarina of Time)
- "Hey ...You! Milk... It's miiiilk... Can you get tipsy from something like milk?!? Hic!" — Gorman (Majora's Mask)
- "We're milking the cows tonight! It's "Chateau Romani." It's the first time I get to drink it! Until now, my sister always said "Wait until you're an adult."" — Romani (Majora's Mask)
- "Your Lon Lon Milk turned into butter! It's very fresh and delicious!" — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- "It's... butter. In a bottle. Unfortunately, either its functionality was removed, or it was tied to a character or event that no longer exists." — The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap Unused Items, The Cutting Room Floor.