Location and Uses
According to Anjean, the Lokomo Sword was given to the Lokomo as a gift. It was once used by the Spirits of Good, who used it to defeat many evil creatures during their lifetime. The Lokomo Sword is given to Link by Anjean inside the Spirit Train after he and Princess Zelda retrieve the Bow of Light from the Sand Temple. Although only spirits had wielded the Sword before, Anjean trusts the Lokomo Sword to Link, saying that he is the one who is meant to wield it.
The Lokomo Sword can stun Phantoms without the need of Tears of Light, since it is already infused with sacred energy. Unlike the Phantom Sword from Phantom Hourglass, it does not defeat them, as it instead stuns the Phantoms long enough for Princess Zelda to possess their bodies. In the final battle against Malladus, Link, with the help of Princess Zelda, thrusts the Lokomo Sword into Malladus's forehead, defeating the Demon King.
- The Lokomo Sword's hilt is shaped like the symbol of the Spirits of Good, while the pattern on the blade is reminiscent of the Spirit Tracks.
- It is unknown what became of the Lokomo Sword following the ending of the game, as Link is shown using the Recruit's Sword once again.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Épée Lokomo||Lokomo Sword|
|FrenchEU||Épée Locomo||Locomo Sword|
|Italian||Lama degli spiriti|
|SpanishEU||Espada Trenebunda||Lokomo Sword|
|SpanishLA||Espada Lokomo||Lokomo Sword|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 130 (ST)
- "This Lokomo Sword was a gift from one of the spirits. As such, it is filled with sacred energy. It has felled many evil creatures in its lifetime. Until now, only the spirits have wielded this blade..." — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
- "Before you go, please take this, Link. I think you're the one who is meant to use it." — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)