- Not to be confused with Goron Link, the transformation of the Hero of Time in Majora's Mask.
Hero of the Gorons(OoT)
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
|Family||Darunia (father) (OoT)|
Link is a recurring character in The Legend of Zelda series, respectively.[note 1] In Ocarina of Time, Darunia names his son after Link the Hero of Time. In Majora's Mask, the Goron and the Hero of Time share their name by coincidence. Link can exploit this to claim the Goron's reservation at the Stock Pot Inn.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Darunia's son Link is born sometime during the Hero of Time's long seven-year sleep. Darunia names his son after the hero, who before falling into his sleep had saved the Gorons by chasing off the Dodongos that had taken possession of Dodongo's Cavern, the Gorons' chief source of nourishment. After the Hero of Time awakens, he returns to Goron City in his search for the Fire Medallion and encounters the young Goron Link. When they first meet, Link the Goron is afraid the green-clad Hylian is one of Ganondorf's servants, and defiantly continues to roll around the city to avoid being captured. The hero stops the Goron with a well-placed Bomb. Upon learning the hero's name, Link the Goron realizes that the Hylian is the hero his father had told him about. Knowing only his namesake could accomplish the task, he asks the hero to save Darunia and the other Gorons, who have been imprisoned at the Fire Temple by Ganondorf and threatened to be fed to Volvagia. He helps the hero by informing him of Volvagia's weakness to the Megaton Hammer, giving him the Goron Tunic, and revealing the secret entrance into Death Mountain.
In Majora's Mask, a travelling Goron named Link, unrelated to the Goron in Ocarina of Time, visits East Clock Town on the First Day at 3:00 PM. He has a reservation at the Stock Pot Inn which he attempts to claim at 4:10 PM. If he gets the room, he goes into the Knife Chamber and is not seen again. However, Link the hero can claim the reservation for himself by speaking to Anju first, between 1:50 PM and 4:10 PM, assuming he had not spoken to her before this time. He can do so because the reservation is under his name and Anju tends to forget the faces of customers. In Majora's Mask 3D, Link must talk to Anju in his Goron form to claim the reservation. The ruse is not discovered because of the Goron's habit of suffixing his sentences with "goro," which confuses Anju.
If Link the Hero of Time claims the room before Link the Goron, the latter will not protest to Anju and decide to sleep outside instead. He falls asleep just outside Stock Pot Inn as night falls on the First Day, at 6:00 PM. During the night, he talks in his sleep of a dampness in the wind, predicting the rain that comes down on Clock Town on the Second Day. Upon the Dawn of the Second Day, the disadvantaged Goron has left town and is not seen again.
|Dawn of the First Day|
|3:20 PM||East Clock Town||Enters Clock Town, heads to Stock Pot Inn.||—|
|4:10 PM||Stock Pot Inn Lobby||Speaks to Anju.||—|
|4:30 PM||Stock Pot Inn||Leaves to enter the Knife Chamber.||Link does not have the Room Key.|
|4:30 PM||Stock Pot Inn||Leaves the Stock Pot Inn to sleep outside.||Link has the Room Key.|
|4:50 PM||Knife Chamber||Enters Knife Chamber and is not seen again.||Link does not have the Room Key.|
|Night of the First Day|
|6:00 PM||East Clock Town||Falls asleep in the streets outside Stock Pot Inn.||Link has the Room Key.|
|Dawn of the Second Day|
|6:00 AM||East Clock Town||Leaves Clock Town and is not seen again.||Link has the Room Key.|
- Unlike most Gorons, Link the Goron will not be put to sleep by the "Goron's Lullaby".
- In reality, the name matches whatever the player chooses for the filename.
- "How could you do this to me? You, you're Ganondorf's servant! Hear my name and tremble! I am Link! Hero of the Gorons!" — Link (Goron) (Ocarina of Time)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 238 (OoT) & 245 (MM)
- "My dad is Darunia..." — Link (Goron) (Ocarina of Time)
- "Dad named me Link after you, because you're so brave!" — Link (Goron) (Ocarina of Time)
- "I won't let you get me! You probably work for Ganondorf!" — Link (Goron) (Ocarina of Time)
- "What? Your name is also Link? Then you must be the legendary Dodongo Buster and Hero, Link!" — Link (Goron) (Ocarina of Time)
- "Dad told me not to let anybody follow him to the temple, but... Only you, Link, can save everyone! I'm sure that the shop owner, who is hiding somewhere right now, will also help you! Now, I'll tell you about the secret passage to the Fire Temple!" — Link (Goron) (Ocarina of Time)
- "A long time ago there was an evil dragon named Volvagia living in this mountain. That dragon was very scary! He ate Gorons! Using a huge hammer, the hero of the Gorons... BOOOM! Destroyed it just like that. This is a myth from long ago, but it's true! I know, because my dad is a descendant of the hero!" — Link (Goron) (Ocarina of Time)
- "Please help, Link! I'll give you this heat-resistant tunic!" — Link (Goron) (Ocarina of Time)
- "Try to move the statue inside Dad's room!" — Link (Goron) (Ocarina of Time)
- "I should have a reservation-goro. The name is Link. Don't you have it-goro?" — Link (Goron) (Majora's Mask)
- "Mr. Link. Ah! I do have your reservation. Your room is our "Knife Chamber" on the second floor. This is your room key." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- "You do have a reservation? That's good... Mr. Link, is it? One moment, please. Mr. Link, I have you down for an afternoon arrival. Your room is our "Knife Chamber" on the second floor. Here is your key." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- "Umm...Are you...staying the night? Oh my! I wonder...Did I by chance ask you the same thing earlier? My mother is always telling me to remember our customer's faces, but I tend to forget them..." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- "I made a reservation... The name is Link-goro!" — Link (Goron) (Majora's Mask)
- "Mr. Link-goro? I don't have a reservation under that name. There is one close to that, but..." — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- "What?!? Really-goro? Well, it's nice weather, so I'll just sleep outside-goro." — Link (Goron) (Majora's Mask)
- "The wind has gotten damp-goro... Tomorrow is rain-goro..." — Link (Goron) (Majora's Mask)