We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Link's father and mother in A Link to the Past (Ishinomori)
|Other Media||The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics)|
A Link to the Past (Ishinomori)
|Family||Link's Father (husband)|
Link's Mother is a recurring character in The Legend of Zelda series.
Ocarina of Time
Link's Mother is an unnamed woman who birthed and cared for Link before the events of Ocarina of Time. She is credited with protecting and entrusting baby Link with the Great Deku Tree in the Kokiri Forest during the time of the Hyrulean Civil War. Link knows nothing of his mother, let alone both parents, because his mother died shortly after giving him up to the Great Deku Tree. In presiding over the Kokiri race, The Great Deku Tree chose to raise Link as a Kokiri, despite his Hylian blood. Because of this, Link awakens in the beginning of Ocarina of Time wearing Kokiri garb, and in the presence of a fairy, a facet of Kokiri society that is prevalent in all of its members.
A mother figure is not mentioned in any other canonical game since Ocarina of Time, where the only mention of her existence is revealed to Link after he completes the Forest Temple, by the freshly-grown Deku Tree Sprout.
- "Some time ago, before the King of Hyrule unified this country, there was a fierce war in our world. One day, to escape from the fires of the war, a Hylian mother and her baby boy entered this forbidden forest." — Deku Tree Sprout (Ocarina of Time)
- "The mother was gravely injured... Her only choice was to entrust the child to the Deku Tree, the guardian spirit of the forest." — Deku Tree Sprout (Ocarina of Time)
- "After the mother passed away, the baby was raised as a Kokiri." — Deku Tree Sprout (Ocarina of Time)
- "You must be wondering why only you have grown up! Well, as you might have already guessed, you are not a Kokiri! You are actually a Hylian!" — Deku Tree Sprout (Ocarina of Time)
- "Your parents were Knights of Hyrule... But they stumbled into the Dark World... You will never be able to enter the Dark World and find your parents! [...] They dwell now in the Dark World... After they disappeared, your uncle adopted you and shielded you from the intrigues of the Royal Family..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 14)
- "Link... Link... We are here with our brother...in the world of darkness...." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 6)
- "Uncle?! Are you my father and mother?! It can't be!!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 7)
- "Link... You have done well, Link... In the Imprisoning War of years past, great armies risked all to seal Ganon in the Dark World. You, however, accomplished a much more lonely and difficult victory... It was not only by your own power, but also that of the many generations of knights and Wise Men who preceded you. Let the memories of their efforts humble you. Never forget!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. )