Link's father in the A Link to the Past manga by Himekawa
Knight of Hyrule
The Legend of Zelda (Mishouzaki)
- Main article: Rune (Mishouzaki)
The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics)
- Main article: Arn
Link's father appears in the story entitled "Coming Home", in which Link comes home to Calatia, only to find that Dark Link has impersonated him and taken over the country. Arn throws Link out of his house and disowns him, thinking that he has turned evil. Once Link defeats his impostor, Arn apologizes for his behavior and accepts Link back into the family.
A Link to the Past (Ishinomori)
In the A Link to the Past comic by Shotaro Ishinomori, it is revealed that Link's parents were both Knights of Hyrule; however, they somehow stumbled into the Dark World, leading Link to be adopted by his uncle instead. When Link's Uncle is defeated by Agahnim, he mentions that if the young hero manages to rescue Princess Zelda and the people in the Dark World, he might be able to meet his parents.
Link's parents are seen for the first time in the comic as Link is walking through Death Mountain, where he activates one of the Dark World portals and sees a vision of his mother and father. Although Link tries to reach out to them, his hand turns into a claw when it passes the portal's boundary. Link's parents are not seen again until the final chapter after Link has defeated Ganon and peace returns to Hyrule. At Hyrule Castle, Link sees a vision of his father, mother and uncle, who congratulate him on his difficult victory and tell him to never forget the efforts of the many generations of knights and Wise Men that preceded him.
The Sound and Drama CD mentions Link's father and gives him the name Banzetta. He was a soldier of Hyrule who fought to protect the Triforce. He died fighting Ganondorf's men who killed his wife Loretta, leaving his young son Link in the care of Zelda's nursemaid Egorowa, whom he asks to raise his son as a Knight.
A Link to the Past (Himekawa)
In the A Link to the Past manga by Akira Himekawa by Himekawa, Link's father was once a friend of Agahnim, who trained with the sword while Agahnim trained with magic. When Link's father told Agahnim that he was a descendant of the Knights of Hyrule, Agahnim researched the legend of the Triforce. He became so consumed with greed that he trapped Link's parents in the Dark World and struck an evil bargain with Ganon. Link was left alone to be raised by his Uncle.
Ocarina of Time (Comic)
In the Ocarina of Time comic by the German Nintendo Power, Link's father is a central character for the first part of the story. He is a captain of the Soldiers who is worried that the Hyrulean Civil War may threaten his young son and plans to flee with his wife to the Kokiri Forest. However, the night before they plan to leave, a rebellious mob breaks into the castle and attempts to overthrow the king. Link's father attempts to defend him, but is struck down and dies.
Ocarina of Time (Himekawa)
When Link wakes up from his seven-year sleep in the Ocarina of Time manga by Akira Himekawa, Rauru the Sage of Light tells him that his Link's family was part of the guardians of the Royal Family and his father was part of the Hylian Knights until he was killed in battle.
Four Swords (Himekawa)
In the Four Swords manga by Akira Himekawa, Link's father is a Knight who often has to curb his son's obstinance and tendency to rush into situations without relying on his allies. He is captured and brainwashed by Vaati, and is forced to duel his son, tricked into thinking that he is Shadow Link. He manages to break the curse himself by tossing a knife at Vaati, who had impersonated Princess Zelda.
- "Your parents were Knights of Hyrule... But they stumbled into the Dark World... You will never be able to enter the Dark World and find your parents! [...] They dwell now in the Dark World... After they disappeared, your uncle adopted you and shielded you from the intrigues of the Royal Family..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 14)
- "Link... Link... We are here with our brother...in the world of darkness...." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 6)
- "Uncle?! Are you my father and mother?! It can't be!!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 7)
- "Link... You have done well, Link... In the Imprisoning War of years past, great armies risked all to seal Ganon in the Dark World. You, however, accomplished a much more lonely and difficult victory... It was not only by your own power, but also that of the many generations of knights and Wise Men who preceded you. Let the memories of their efforts humble you. Never forget!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 11, 12)
- "My father Banzetta was a soldier, fighting to protect the Triforce." — Link (Sound and Drama)
- "I do not know when I shall return. However, looking at this child, I can see that he has escaped death. I would ask you to raise him as a knight, in order to die with honor and grace." — Banzetta (Sound and Drama)
- "I was devoted to studying, aiming to become a magician. My friend who was a left-handed swordsman aimed to become a Knight of the Royal Family." (The Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods (Manga) (Viz), pg. 162)
- "I made a deal with Ganon. He promised that if I could undo the Sages' seal, I would receive powerful magic. I sealed my wicked friend in the Dark World." (The Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods (Manga) (Viz), pg. 164)