Tree of Life
|Tree of Life|
Groose before the fully-grown Tree of Life
|Other media||Hyrule Warriors Legends|
|Use(s)||Grows Life Tree Fruit|
The Tree of Life, also called the Life Tree, is a grand tree in Skyward Sword. This legendary Tree grows from the Life Tree Seedling and can produce the mystical Life Tree Fruit, which possesses incredible healing power.
Location and Uses
After Link reseals The Imprisoned for a third time, Groose will tell Link that a sapling could be planted within the Sealed Temple. Later, when Link visits Lanayru, the Thunder Dragon, with the intent of learning his portion of the "Song of the Hero", he learns that the Dragon died of illness and nothing remains but bones. Upon reviving him with a Timeshift Stone, Lanayru informs Link that his servants, the Ancient Robots, planted a Life Tree Seedling in Lanayru Gorge in the hopes of using its curative properties to nurse the ill-stricken Dragon. However, as Lanayru Desert underwent a great climate change, the Life Tree that grew eventually withered and failed to produce any Fruit.
Beside the withered Tree of Life rests a decrepit Ancient Robot, who comes back to life when the nearby Timeshift Stone is uncovered and reactivated. When the Timeshift Stone is struck, the Tree of Life reverts back to its juvenile phase as the Life Tree Seedling and may be uprooted and transported. The Ancient Robot will stop Link and warn him of its purpose and upon hearing that he intends to relocate it to a more suitable location, encourages Link to plant it outside of the Lanayru region and bring it back to their master once it's grown Fruit. Link can plant the Seedling in many places, such as in the fields at the Lumpy Pumpkin or on Skyloft. However, Fi will advise against this, claiming that it will take thousands of years to be of any use. Instead, Link must plant it in the Temple of Hylia in the distant past so that the Tree of Life is fully grown when he returns to the Sealed Temple. If Link plants the Seedling in the Sealed Temple as opposed to the Temple of Hylia, Fi will affirm that the location is appropriate, but it will not be useful to Link in the present era.
When spoken to, Impa will remark how nice it would be for Zelda if there were a great tree awaiting her when she awakens from her sleep. When spoken to after the Seedling has been planted, Impa will take notice and assure Link that the Tree will likely live "for millennia." In the present era, Groose will tell Link how happy it makes him to see the Tree. Once the Life Tree Fruit has grown, Link must roll into the Tree of Life to knock it down, then take it to Lanayru in order to heal him. Returning to Lanayru, Link will throw the Life Tree Fruit into the air, causing it to fall into the Thunder Dragon's mouth, revitalizing him. Afterwards, Lanayru will perform his portion of the "Song of the Hero" for Link.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Life Tree Seedling||Life Tree Fruit||Tree of Life|
|FrenchCA||Pousse de l'Arbre de Vie||Fruit de l'arbre de vie||Arbre de vie|
|SpanishLA||Brote del árbol de la vida||Fruto del árbol de la vida||Árbol de la vida|
- "Is this tree something or what?! No wonder it's called the Life Tree!" — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "We wanted Master Thunder Dragon to get well, so we planted a seedling from the Tree of Life, which bears a fruit that is said to cure any illness, vrrm." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "I bet even the weakest sapling could grow into one beast of a tree in soil like this. It'd brighten this place up a little too. I mean, sure, it'd take a few years for it to grow, but as far as I'm concerned, I got nothing but time. It's weird to say out loud, but that's just how I feel right now." — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "The robots were worried about me, so they planted a seedling from the Tree of Life. The fruit of this tree is said to be able to cure any illness... They planted the seedling over there. Cough... But it just won't grow. Cough... I think this is the end for me." — Lanayru (Skyward Sword)
- "Master Thunder Dragon's condition has been bad for a long time, and the soil here is not suitable for growing trees, zrrt. If only we had more time, vrrm..." — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "What are you doing with that seedling, vrrm?! Master Thunder Dragon needs fruit from the Tree of Life to recover! Unless you mean to help our master, bzzzzt? Really, vrrm?! Thank you, zrrt! Make sure you plant the seedling somewhere it will be sure to thrive, phoo-weep. I fear growing the seedling to maturity in Lanayru Province is impossible, brrzrrt. We're counting on you, vweep!" — Ancient Robot (Skyward Sword)
- "A seedling planted here would require several thousand years to mature. I would suggest not planting one at this location." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "You took back the Life Tree Seedling! It would take too long to grow if you planted it here. Maybe you should find another place for it..." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "My analysis indicates this location is ideally suited to growing your seedling. However, I project that planting the seedling in this time will make it take far too long for the seedling to grow into a tree capable of producing fruit." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Do you see that sunny patch of earth over there? I thought it might be nice to plant a tree of some sort there. I imagine it would please Zelda greatly to see a great tree welcoming her back when she wakes from her slumber. Sadly, it's a rare tree that grows strong for thousands of years on end. If only I could find the seedling of such a hearty specimen..." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Ah, you've planted a seedling! I sense great vitality in this sprout. With any luck, it shall grow into a stout tree that will live on for millennia." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
- "Oh yeah! Now this is a tree I could look at all day! It's like a symbol for this temple...or something! Every time I stare at it, my jaw starts hanging open and I get this weird, happy feeling." — Groose (Skyward Sword)
- "Whoa-ho... Down the hatch! [...] ZINGA-DINGDING! Oh, you've done it, boy. I can feel the fruit's effect surging through me! It's exhilarating! I feel like a proper dragon again!" — Lanayru (Skyward Sword)
- "Just because I have eternal life doesn't mean I can't get mighty sick! Thanks to you, boy, this old dragon will keep on charging awhile yet! I owe you a big thank-you, so allow me to perform a moving rendition of my part of the Song of the Hero!" — Lanayru (Skyward Sword)