In his earlier days, Lenzo sailed throughout the Great Sea, taking pictures of mystical beings and strange sights, but he has now settled on Windfall Island. Lenzo has been studying Pictographs and everything about them ever since he was young. When Link first meets him, Lenzo is reluctant to trust him due to the fact that one of his Picto Boxes was stolen from him, so prompts the young hero to leave. However, when Link shows him the Picto Box he found, the pictograph master urges him to look around his gallery upstairs, and even asks him to become his Research Assistant to develop a box with "incredible pictography capabilities."
After Link helps him with his research material, Lenzo tells him that he has been researching pictographs with color. If Link brings him a Forest Firefly from the Forest Haven, Lenzo will improve the young hero's Picto Box and make it so that it can take color pictures. In The Wind Waker HD, the Forest Firefly is not required, as Lenzo gives Link the Picto Box directly after completing all the research tasks.
Lenzo also sells Legendary Pictographs, which Link can buy for 50 Rupees per photo. Minenco, the woman who has a keen interest in pictography, can be often found discussing the topic with Lenzo.
|The Pictographer, Lenzo (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
The Pictographer, Lenzo
Personality: Hard to grasp
Lenzo is a famed pictographer known to all. His mysterious personality is quite popular with the ladies in town.
Lenzo's Japanese name, Genzō, is a pun on the Japanese word for film developing, 現像 (Genzō). Likewise, his English name is likely a reference to a camera lens. His Japanese title is also a reference to the magic lantern, an early image projector.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Lenzo is a famed pictographer known to all. His mysterious personality is quite popular with the ladies in town." — Figurine (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 258(TWW)
- "You see, in my younger days I was tireless, sailing far and wide across the Great Sea, snapping pictographs wherever I went..." — Lenzo (The Wind Waker)
- "This foul ship, veiled in mist and fading in and out of sight like something of another world... Yes, my young sir... 'Tis none other than the Ghost Ship!" — Lenzo (The Wind Waker)
- "You see, young sir, I have been studying Picto Boxes since I was but a lad." — Lenzo (The Wind Waker)
- "Once, long ago, I rented a room out to a traveler for a single night. The next dawn, my precious Picto Box was stolen..." — Lenzo (The Wind Waker)
- "My lifelong dream of creating a box with incredible pictography capabilities is at long last nearing fruition. Young sir, I hesitate to ask, but... Could you perchance become my research assistant?" — Lenzo (The Wind Waker)
- "My assistant, Link! Allow me a brief query. Do you perchance know about pictographs with color? I have researched this concept for many years, and at long last I understand it! A stronger light is needed to imbue color in the pictograph. No normal light will do. In fact, normal light must be overcome! Color pictography requires a light of the very brightest intensity!" — Lenzo (The Wind Waker)
- "...Why, I feared the secret light had been extinguished forever! Is that truly one of the long-fabled Forest Fireflies?! Oh, glory! [...] For your efforts, I shall place this one inside your box! Come on now, hand me your Picto Box, if only for a moment..." — Lenzo (The Wind Waker)
- "Oh-ho! Now, those pictographs of yours that have forever lacked the scintillating palette of life should henceforth show the world as it was meant to be in living color!" — Lenzo (The Wind Waker)
- "You have completed all of the tasks I set you to. My doubts about you have been all cleared up! I shall hereby be proud to call you my assistant, Link! And... No assistant of mine will be seen going around taking pictographs in monochrome! Not in a million years! So here. Allow me to present you with this Picto Box." — Lenzo (The Wind Waker HD)
- "I am willing to pass on to you one of these treasured Legendary Pictographs." — Lenzo (The Wind Waker)
- "This is, after all, a very precious thing. I cannot just give it away for free, can I? What do you say, young sir? Will you pay 50 Rupees for it?" — Lenzo (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 258