We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Lens of Truth
|Lens of Truth|
Lens of Truth artwork from Ocarina of Time
|Other media||Hyrule Warriors|
|Use(s)||See invisible objects and enemies|
Mask of Truth
Shard of Agony
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Lens of Truth is found at the Bottom of the Well, where Dead Hand guards it. Link first hears about it when an old man in Kakariko Village tells him about a man who could see the truth and whose house stood where the well is now.
The Lens of Truth allows Link to see things that are not normally visible to the naked eye. It can show fake walls and floors, and invisible objects and enemies. It drains the Magic Meter when used. The Lens can also be used to see the contents of Treasure Chests in the Treasure Chest Game.
Despite its usefulness, the Lens of Truth is not required to complete the game. Any of the puzzles and traps based around it can be solved through luck or trial-and-error.
In Majora's Mask, the Lens of Truth can be found in the Lone Peak Shrine, a cave east of the Goron Village in Snowhead. The cave can be reached by jumping across invisible platforms, which are revealed by Kaepora Gaebora's feathers. The Lens functions the same way as in Ocarina of Time, but can now be used to see the souls of deceased characters, such as Darmani, as well as characters that are totally unnoticeable, such as Shiro.
- In Ocarina of Time, if Link plays the "Song of Storms" and then uses the Lens of Truth, it will not drain his Magic Meter.
- In a early version of Ocarina of Time, the Spirit Medallion had the effect of the Lens of Truth. This is evidenced by data left in Ocarina of Time pointing the filename of the Spirit Medallion to the effect of the Lens of Truth. This would provide further proof that the Spirit Temple was meant to be completed before the Shadow Temple, since the Lens of Truth is required to navigate the latter.
- In Twilight Princess, the Howling Stone architectural design resembles the Lens of Truth, with both including the Sheikah Eye Symbol.
|Names in Other Regions|
|EnglishUK||Mirror of Truth (HW)|
|Japanese|| まことのメガネ (Makoto no Megane)
真実の目 (Shinjitsu no Me)
真の鏡 (Makoto no Kagami) (HW)
| Lens of Truth|
Eye of Truth
Mirror of Truth (HW)
|FrenchCA|| Loupe de Vérité
Loupe de vérité (MM3D)
| Magnifying Glass of Truth|
Magnifying glass of truth
|FrenchEU|| Monocle de Vérité
Oeil de Vérité
| Monocle of Truth|
Eye of Truth
|German||Auge der Wahrheit||Eye of Truth|
|Italian||Lente della verità|
|SpanishEU||Lupa de la Verdad||Magnifying Glass of the Truth|
|SpanishLA||Lupa de la verdad (MM3D)||Magnifying glass of the truth|
- "One who gains the eye of truth will be able to see what is hidden in the darkness." — Shadow Temple Fake Wall (Ocarina of Time)
- "I can hear the spirits whispering in this room... "Look for the eye of truth..." That's what they are saying!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- "A long time ago... There was a man in this very village who had an eye they said could see the truth! Now usually, you have to train your mind's eye most strenuously to actually see the truth... But this fella, no, they say he had a different way of doing things... His house stood where the well is now..." — Old Man in Kakariko (Ocarina of Time)
- "You found the Lens of Truth! Set it to (C) and press (C) to look through it! Mysterious things are hidden everywhere! Be sure to try to use it outside of the well. Seeing the truth will cost magic power, so press (C) again to stop using it." — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "I shall take to the air now, flying toward that shrine across the way, so follow behind me. Do not be daunted by appearances. Instead, let your feelings guide you, and the true path shall open before you. Are you ready? Follow behind me!" — Kaepora Gaebora (Majora's Mask)
- "......... Can it be? Are you able to see me? If you truly can see me, then follow behind me..." — Darmani the Third (Majora's Mask)
- "I'm shocked. You're the first person who's ever spoken to me. I've been here for many years, waving my arms around and asking for help, but everyone ignores me and passes me by. It's 'cause I'm about as impressive as a stone, right?...I'm used to it, though." — Shiro (Majora's Mask)
- "We could always use the Mirror of Truth... A hero left it in the temple some time ago!" — Ruto (Hyrule Warriors)
- "The Lens of Truth has revealed a hidden passageway!" — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "We could always use the Lens of Truth... A hero left it in the temple some time ago!" — Ruto (Hyrule Warriors)
- "I'll go underwater and find the Lens of Truth. We can meet back up later." — Ruto (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Getting in was easy. Now I just need to find the Lens of Truth itself... Here it is! The Lens of Truth! This is exactly what we need... [...] Oh, of course. I feared they were planning to trap me in here, and they have." — Ruto (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Zelda's strategy has closed the Central Hall!" — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Go and open the floodgates inside the temple! Doing that should free me! You have to seek out all the keeps with floodgate switches. Understand?" — Ruto (Hyrule Warriors)
- "How did you see through my disguise?" — Wizzro (Hyrule Warriors)
- "You can't be Zelda. Because... I am Zelda!" — Zelda (Hyrule Warriors)