Features and Overview
In Majora's Mask, the Milk Bar is referred to both as the Milk Bar and as Latte. The bar, which is located in East Clock Town, is run by Mr. Barten, and is open from 10 PM to dawn. The bar has a reputation for being a great live venue, so the Zora band, The Indigo-Go's, had planned to do their Carnival of Time performance on the Milk Bar stage. However it was cancelled when Lulu, the band's singer, lost her voice.
The Milk Bar is a members-only establishment, and as such, it refuses entry and service to anyone during opening hours who does not have proof of membership in the form of Romani's Mask. There are two drinks offered at the Milk Bar: regular Milk, which costs 20 Rupees, and the special vintage Milk Chateau Romani, at a price of 200 Rupees per serving. Link cannot order anything unless he is wearing Romani's Mask when speaking to the bartender.
By speaking to The Indigo-Go's manager, Toto, near the stage, Link can participate in a sound check for the band. Link is required to play the "Ballad of the Wind Fish" by donning each transformation mask and playing their specific part in the song as orchestrated by the manager. By doing so, Link can receive the Troupe Leader's Mask from Gorman, who happens to be listening to the performance.
Link can also find Madame Aroma drinking in the bar from 6:00 PM on the Night of the Final Day. If Link received the Special Delivery to Mama during the Reuniting Kafei and Anju sidequest, he can give it to her to receive a Bottle full of Chateau Romani. In Majora's Mask 3D, Link is unable to enter unless he has Romani's Mask, preventing him from delivering the letter until he has assisted Cremia in delivering Milk.
During the ending credits, the members of the Gorman Troupe and The Indigo-Go's can be seen performing at the Milk Bar as part of the performances for the Carnival of Time.
- Main article: Mercay Tavern
In Phantom Hourglass, a small Milk Bar can be located on Mercay Island, though nothing can be purchased from it; however, Link can receive a Power Gem from the bartender. It is said that Linebeck usually stops at it.
A Link Between Worlds
In A Link Between Worlds, a Milk Bar can be found in both Kakariko Village and Thieves' Town. The Milk Bar Owner from Hyrule sells Milk for 20 Rupees a Bottle, and later for 10 Rupees after saving his regular customer, the Bouldering Guy, with a Bottle of Premium Milk. A duo of musicians, comprising of a Bard and a Flute Boy, play a song for 10 Rupees. These songs are selected at random each time, and are a guitar and flute remixes of recurring songs from The Legend of Zelda series.
Milk Bar Musicians Songs
- Hyrule Theme
- Selection Screen
- Zelda's Theme
- Ravio's Theme
- Kakariko Village
- Hyrule Castle
- Facing Yuga in Hyrule Castle
- Hilda's Theme
- Mini Item Fanfare
- Item Fanfare
- Lorule Theme
- Death Mountain
- Lorule Dungeon Theme
- Lorule Castle
- Ganon's Theme
- Ballad of the Goddess
- Hanging on the walls of the Milk Bar in A Link Between Worlds are pictures of the Goddess's Harp, Makar's Violin, and an Ancient Robot with a bird.[verification needed]
- In A Link Between Worlds, very rarely, the musicians play a botched version of the Death Mountain theme, where the flute starts screeching madly halfway through.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ミルクバー (Miruku Bā)
|FrenchCA||Le Lattè, bar laitier (MM3D)
Bar laitier (ALBW)
|FrenchEU||Le Lactel, Milk-Bar
Le Crémeuh, Milk-Bar
Le Laktoz, Milk-Bar
|The Lactel, Milk Bar |
The Creamy, Milk Bar
The Laktoz, Milk Bar
|Italian||Bar Latteo (MM3D)
Milk Bar Ratte
|SpanishEU||Bar Lácteo||Lacteal Bar|
|SpanishLA||Bar Lácteo (MM3D | ALBW)||Lacteal Bar|
Facing Yuga in Hyrule Castle
Mini Item Fanfare
Death Mountain (botched)
Lorule Dungeon Theme
Ballad of the Goddess
- "Romani's Mask Wear it with [C] to show you're a member of the Milk Bar, Latte." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Mr. Barten was happy to get his first delivery in quite a while!" — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- "Latte / The Members-Only Milk Bar / Open from 10 p.m." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "We were scheduled to do a show, but it got canceled. This place has a reputation for being a great live venue, so it's a shame." — Toto (Majora's Mask)
- "This bar is for members only. Those without proof of membership will be refused entry." — Mr. Barten (Majora's Mask)
- "Patron Guidelines for the Milk Bar, Latte: We offer our customers limited- run milk. Thus, we are a members- only establishment. Those who do not have proof of membership will be refused service." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Our most popular, of course, is Chateau Romani. It's a vintage milk. It comes from Romani Ranch, and the current price is 200 Rupees!" — Mr. Barten (Majora's Mask)
- "Sir...It's the rules. Please wear your Romani's Mask inside the bar." — Mr. Barten (Majora's Mask)
- "I'd like to do a sound check, though. I just want to see what it would have been like... Hey, you! Could you help me with a performance?" — Toto (Majora's Mask)
- "I'm sorry I booed you... Please, take my mask." — Gorman (Majora's Mask)
- "This!!! It's from Kafei! Correct? Correct? Wonderful! You really are an expert! Yes, yes, I'm sorry. My thanks. Yes, yes, it is your job, after all. I'm sorry. At this point in time, I can give you only something like this. Actually I wanted to give this to you sooner... Really!" — Madame Aroma (M)
- "The captain usually drops anchor at the milk bar, but I haven't seen him in days. Perhaps the bar owner knows where Linebeck has vanished to." — N/A (Phantom Hourglass)
- "I just want to drink a little bit of milk in peace! Why can't everyone just leave me alone and scram?!" — Milk Bar Owner (A Link Between Worlds)