The Lanayru Shipyard was once a sea town inhabited by the workers who built the ships inside the construction bay. Link and Skipper visit the Shipyard after Skipper's Retreat in their search for Skipper's lost ship, which was among those constructed there. Each of the areas on the island are connected to each other via a complex series of mine-cart tracks. The door leading to the construction bay where Skipper thinks his clues leading to his ship may be is closed, forcing Link to ride mine-carts on the tracks around the Shipyard to access the back door.
When Link arrives in the construction bay, he uses his Gust Bellows to search the massive sand deposit. Rather than find clues pertaining to the location of the ship, he mistakenly awakens a buried Moldarach, which had moved in and built a nest in the many years that the factory went unused.
After returning to Skipper through the door that was previously locked, they sail on towards the Pirate Stronghold.
- Main article: Rickety Coaster
The Rickety Coaster is a mine-cart mini-game run by the Goron named Gortram on the tracks sprawling around the construction bay. The mini-game comes in two difficulties: "Scary" and "Heart Stopping!". If he completes the "Heart Stopping!" track in less than the time of 1.05.00, Link will be rewarded with a Piece of Heart. The mini-game is operable after the Sandship is returned to Skipper.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- "According to the skipper of this stolen ship, there is a good chance you can acquire information about the ship at the Lanayru Shipyard." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "This is the island where we used to make our ships, bzzt. You'll find the Shipyard here, as well as the town where the workers lived, vweep!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "The Shipyard is where we used to build our ships, vrrt. My ship was built there too, vweep! If you go to the Shipyard, you might find some clues to the location of my ship, brrzrrt!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "Each location on the island is linked to the others via a mine-cart track, vrrm!" — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "But the entrance is closed, vrrrm. Looks like you can't get in." — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "You might be able to get to the back door of the construction bay if you can get around to the other side of it using a mine cart, brrzrrt." — Skipper (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, we have arrived at the Shipyard construction bay. With the passing of many years, this structure has filled with sand. I recommend looking in the sand for a clue that may direct you to the location of the ship." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Master, it would appear that in the many years this factory went unused, monsters have moved in and built a nest. I now estimate that the chance of finding a clue in the sand here as to the ship's location is extremely low." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
|Names in Other Regions|