Lakeside Item Seller
|Lakeside Item Seller|
Lakeside Item Seller in Hyrule
The Lakeside Item Seller in Hyrule owns a shop on the lake front of Lake Hylia. He is not very social, and does not have much to say if Link speaks with him. If spoken to again, he expresses dislike being in the area, and finds the "sporty fellow" and "weird creature in the cave" outside to be particularly bothersome.
The Lakeside Item Seller in Lorule owns a shop on the lake front of the Turtle Rock area. Unlike his Hyrulean counterpart, he is much more sociable and welcomes Link to his store. He has a habit of saying "Ay lliw nihtemos yub", which he believes to be an incantation that will save him and transport him out of Lorule. He knows about the Maiamais, and that they are able to travel between worlds. He hopes to find one so that he can leave Lorule.
He is one of several Loruleans to wear a mask, implying that he may be a Masked Follower.
- The Item Sellers closely resemble the Merchants in The Legend of Zelda. The Lorulean Item Seller's incantation, "Ay lliw nihtemos yub", is also "Buy somethin will ya" in reverse, which is a phrase that the Merchants in The Legend of Zelda would say.
- The Lorulean Item Seller's mask resembles the Shooting Gallery Keeper from A Link to the Past.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Vendeur du lac|
|SpanishLA||Vendedor del lago|
- "That sporty fellow out there, that weird creature in the cave! Not sure I'm cut out for this line of work." — Lakeside Item Seller (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Some believe that chanting the worlds “Ay lliw nihtemos yub” is the key to being saved. Saved from what, I ask? High prices?! Still, it’s a catchy incantation. I sort of hope if I say it enough, it’ll transport me out of this world." — Lakeside Item Seller (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Speaking of, have you heard of the Maiamais? They say they can travel between worlds." — Lakeside Item Seller (A Link Between Worlds)
- "But until I can hitch a ride with one of them weird squidlings...? Ay lliw nihtemos yub... Ay lliw nihtemos yub..." — Lakeside Item Seller (A Link Between Worlds)