Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Lake Scientist is an eccentric scientist who lives in the Lakeside Laboratory located above Lake Hylia. He is a chemist, putting his knowledge into medicinal practice at his laboratory. When Link first meets the scientist, he mentions a mutual friendship with Granny, who is the old lady who runs the Potion Shop of Kakariko Village.
The pool in his laboratory is eight meters deep; he will watch Link dive and make remarks based on the depth he reaches. If Link can touch the bottom of the pool, he will give him a Piece of Heart and tell him he is the best diver in the world. Link needs a Golden Scale to do this, however.
The Lake Scientist is a part of the Biggoron's Sword Trading Quest. After an Eyeball Frog is given to Link by King Zora, he must rush down to the laboratory and give it to the scientist. At first, he excitedly thinks the frog is for making fried eyeballs, which he finds delicious, but Link corrects him and explains he brought the frog because of its medicinal properties. The Lake Scientist creates a solution of Eyedrops for Biggoron from the Eyeball Frog.
- Dr. Mizuumi's name is misspelled with one U (Mizumi) in the Ocarina of Time manga.
湖 (Mizuumi) is the Japanese word for lake.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||みずうみ博士 (Mizuumi Hakase)||Lake Water Expert|
|FrenchEU||Scientifique du Lac||Lake Scientist|
|Italian||Mizumi scienziato del lago|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 239(OoT)
- "Hello there, son. I'm researching the process of making medicine by mixing Lake Hylia's water with various unusual compounds. Perhaps you've met that old lady from the potion shop...she is like a student of mine... Ho ho ho!" — Lake Scientist (Ocarina of Time)
- "You may not have noticed, but I've been watching you. You dove 1 meter just now. But I wouldn't call that a real dive." — Lake Scientist (Ocarina of Time)
- "You may not have noticed, but I've been watching you. You dove 4 meters just now. Still not deep enough!" — Lake Scientist (Ocarina of Time)
- "You may not have noticed, but I've been watching you. You dove 6 meters just now. You should be able to dive deeper!" — Lake Scientist (Ocarina of Time)
- "You may not have noticed, but I've been watching you. You touched the bottom just now. Fantastic! I'll give this to you!" — Lake Scientist (Ocarina of Time)
- "Your diving is the best in the world. Why don't you dive to the bottom of Lake Hylia?" — Lake Scientist (Ocarina of Time)
- "These eyeballs are so delicious! Tonight I will cook fried eyeballs for the first time in a long time! Uhoy hoy hoo houy hoy! Such great stuff! Please say thank you to King Zora! Eh? What? These are for making Biggoron's Eye Drops? Oh, how disappointing! You should have said so in the first place!" — Lake Scientist (Ocarina of Time)
- The Legend of Zelda, Manga Ocarina of Time: Part 2, Bonus Story 2, Vizkids Publishing