|Use(s)||Expanding the Inventory|
|Comparable Item(s)||Mysterious Shell|
Location and Uses
Korok Seeds are given by Koroks when they are found throughout Hyrule. They possess a distinct smell. When Link receives his first Seed, he is asked to return it to the Korok Hestu. Korok Seeds are actually the beads used in Hestu's Maracas. When first found, Hestu asks Link to retrieve his Maracas from a group of Bokoblins nearby. After Link returns them, Hestu realizes the Seeds were taken by the other Koroks as part of a prank.
In exchange for Korok Seeds, Hestu will add one slot to Link's Weapon, Bow, or Shield stashes. Link can fully upgrade his inventory with only 441 Korok Seeds. If all 900 Seeds are returned to Hestu, he will reward Link with a "gift of friendship."
- Hidemaro Fujibayashi, director of Breath of the Wild, confirmed that Korok Seeds are in fact Korok feces.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||コログのミ (Korogu no Mi)|
|SpanishEU||Semillas de kolog||Kolog Seed|
- "Korok Seed
This small seed was given to you by a Korok. It has a distinct smell. If you gather a bunch of them, you never know what may happen..." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, and my friends are hiding in lots of different places too! Don't be shy about poking your nose into suspicious places!" — Korok (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, if you run into Hestu, please return this to him." — Korok (Breath of the Wild)
- "The children of the forest must have taken the Korok seeds from my beloved maracas. I never thought I would be the target of one of their pranks. Shoko..." — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "But wait! There's something wrong with my maracas! The Korok seeds inside are gone! How am I supposed to dance now? Shoko..." — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "If I had just one Korok seed, I could sing, dance and use my powers to help you. You see, I have the power of inventory expansion! So let me know if you find some Korok seeds!" — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "All of the forest children returned to Korok Forest! [...] You've maxed all of your stashes! So let me give you this!" — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "A gift of friendship given to you by Hestu. It smells pretty bad." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's just the backstory, the kind of hidden kind of thing in the game the whole way is that the Korok seeds are actually Korok poop." —Hidemaro Fujibayashi (WHY COLLECTING 900 KOROK SEEDS IN ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD GETS YOU A GIANT POOP)