Goron Elder (grandfather)
Upon first visiting the Goron Village, the Goron Child informs Link that the entrance to the village is blocked by fire geysers. After he brings Mega Ice and extinguished the flames blocking his way to the village, Link is granted access to the Fire Sanctuary by the Goron Elder who first notes that Link must prove himself, only to be swayed moments later when his grandson runs into the room, noting that Link was the one whose efforts put out the lava.
After he defeats Cragma, the boss of the Fire Temple, the Goron Child tells Link he wants to meet a princess and asks him to be brought to a big city. His grandfather thinks that a trip to Hyrule Castle Town will help his grandson realize that his village is paradise, something that the his grandson does not understand. When Link brings him to Hyrule's capital city, the young Goron mistakes Lucia for a princess before rewarding Link with a Force Gem. Later, the he tells Link that he feels short-changed and homesick; if he cheers him up, the Goron Child gives Link a Goron Amber.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||コゴロン (Kogoron)||Taken from adding the prefic "Ko-", meaning "small" or "child", to the word "Goron"|
- "Did you happen to see my grandson out there? Lately he has been talking about how he would like to go to the city... He always was such an inquisitive boy. I am sure he would be fascinated by your train. Though other places can be nice, we Gorons know our village is paradise. But my grandson is still too young to understand that fully..." — Goron Elder (Spirit Tracks)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 289 (ST)
- "I hope Gramps is OK... He is the oldest Goron in our whole village! Everyone calls him the Goron Elder." — Goron Child (Spirit Tracks)
- "Oh, let me tell you, friend... It is hard times living in the city, especially for a Goron like me. I go to the castle, and the guards tell me no rocks are allowed inside. Most folks think that I look like a boulder and that I should be treated as one. And do not get me started on the prices. One Cucco costs an arm and a leg! I am broke. Just the other day, I used the last of the money Gramps gave me. This place is so different from Goron Village... And I am so very tired." — Goron Child (Spirit Tracks)
- "Thank you for the words of encouragement. You are right. I will not let this city beat me! Here, let me give you something for those nice words of yours!" — Goron Child (Spirit Tracks)