Knuckle from The Wind Waker
The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, Knuckle originally left Tingle Island because he got angry at Tingle for writing "For Tingle Only" on a Sign next to Tingle Tower, which Knuckle built when he was ten years old. He can only be found by using the Tingle Tuner; Link can find him by going to Outset Island and stepping into the boats on the beach. Knuckle will appear on the Game Boy Advance screen and get into an argument with Tingle, which ends with him commanding Link to visit various places on the Island. After Link completes this, Knuckle gets annoyed and gives Link the Hand-Me-Down Tingle Tuner before returning to Tingle Island. From then on, he stands guard rather than helping Ankle and David Jr. spin the top of the Tower. Unlike Tingle, he wears blue and the mole on his face is on the right side rather than the left. In addition, the rosy patches on his cheeks aren't filled in.
In The Wind Waker HD, he appears on Tingle Island when all five of the Tingle Statues have been collected. Ankle gives Link Rupees for finding the statues instead,[how many?] since Knuckle isn't present until they have been collected. Additionally, his Figurine is required in order to complete the Nintendo Gallery, unlike in the original version of the game. A reference to this fact was added to the description of Knuckle's figurine.
|Knuckle (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
Knuckle is another of Tingle's younger brothers-he happens to be Ankle's twin. He finished carving Tingle Tower when he was ten years old. The head is his studio.
(The Wind Waker only) Supposedly, he felt unsatisfied completing his collection without this figure. He loves his special vertically aligned Tingle Tuner.
(The Wind Waker HD only) Supposedly, it used to bother him that this collection was considered complete, even without his figurine.
The Minish Cap
In The Minish Cap, Knuckle appears in Trilby Highlands. Like the other brothers, he has some Kinstone pieces to fuse with Link. When Link successfully fuses Kinstones with him, the southwestern most Tree in the group of four Trees in North Hyrule Field will open with a chamber containing a room with a Switch connected to a Torch and a Treasure Chest with a Kinstone piece. After fusing Kinstones, he says that he doesn't understand why David Jr. dresses like him and his brothers.
Four Swords Adventures
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Birthplace: Unknown
Knuckle is another of Tingle's younger brothers-he happens to be Ankle's twin. He finished carving Tingle Tower when he was ten years old. The head is his studio. Supposedly, it used to bother him that this collection was considered complete, even without his figurine." — Knuckle's Figurine (The Wind Waker HD)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 259(TWW) & 270(TMC)
- "Don't play dumb! Why'd you doodle on Tingle Tower? I built that thing!" — Knuckle (The Wind Waker)
- "What, that "For Tingle Only" sign I wrote? Sorry! Please forgive me!" — Tingle (The Wind Waker)
- "Hmmph! Well, I might consider it if the fairy will do as I ask...[...]Just don't open any doors before you finish doing what I tell you! You'll fail if you do!" — Knuckle (The Wind Waker)
- "Uggghhh...! Enough! Enough! I've lost the contest on this island! What can I do? Oh! I'll give you the Hand-Me-Down Tuner! Ugh. I'm going back home." — Knuckle (The Wind Waker)
- "That guy's younger brother down below... That blue guy... He doesn't help out at all! He just hangs out down there, standing guard and making sure no one writes any graffiti on Tingle Tower! That's all! No manual labor whatsoever!" — David Jr. (The Wind Waker)
- "Hey, Mr. Fairy! I've been holding on to this, just like my brother Tingle asked! And I have Kinstone pieces! Want to try and fuse with me?" — Knuckle (The Minish Cap)
- "Let's fuse Kinstones! I hope they fit..." — TMC
- "All of us brothers look alike, but the one in white isn't really our brother. What I can't figure out is why he tries to dress up like us, though..." — Knuckle (The Minish Cap)