A Link to the Past
Kiki shows up when Link is wandering through the maze of brush on his way to the Palace of Darkness, the first Dark World dungeon in A Link to the Past. Kiki loves Rupees more than anything else in the world and asks the hero for 10 Rupees, after which he will follow Link. If Link is hurt by the enemies encountered while Kiki is following, the monkey will run back to the maze and Link will need to give him another 10 Rupees to get him to follow again. When both Link and Kiki reach the palace entrance, Kiki tells Link he can open the door in exchange for 100 Rupees. If Link pays him, Kiki looks around for a bit, then jumps on the roof and hits a Switch, opening the door. Once Kiki opens the entrance, the door will remain open. If Link declines to pay either time, Kiki will run off and Link must return to the maze to find him.
Kiki is found southeast of Kanalet Castle's moat in Link's Awakening. She complains that she is hungry. When Link gives her the Bananas as part of the Trading Quest, she calls several other Monkeys to build a bridge to access Kanalet Castle. After building the bridge, they leave behind a Stick, the next item in the Trading Sequence.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||サルキッキ (Saru Kikki)||Kikki (the) Monkey|
|Italian||Kiki la scimmia||Kiki the monkey|
- "What will you do?
Give him 10 Rupees
Never give him anything" — N/A (A Link to the Past)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 140(LA)
- The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening Player's Guide (Nintendo of America Inc.) pg. 40
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 228 (ALttP) & 233 (LA)
- "I'm Kiki the monkey, ki ki! I love Rupees more than anything. Can you spare me 10 Rupees?" — Kiki (A Link to the Past)
- "Chi-kiita! Chi-kiita! Kiki the monkey! Hungry! Kiki the monkey!" — Kiki (Link's Awakening DX)
- "! ! Oooh! Ooh! Kiki! Monkeys! Come! Repay him! Kiki!" — Kiki (Link's Awakening DX)
- "You found a stick a monkey left behind... You take it!" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Kiiiki! What?! All right, mutt! Let's battle!!" — Kiki (Link's Awakening DX)