Features and Overview
The Kakariko Windmill is used to draw up water from the nearby well. To reach the upper level from the outside, Link must use the Longshot to grapple to a small wooden post located in an opening on the left of the Windmill. Once inside, he can go up some stairs to find a lone Cucco.
Inside the Kakariko Windmill, Link can find the Phonogram Man who is trying to come up with a musical theme inspired by it. As an adult, Link can go inside the Kakariko Windmill and speak with the Phonogram Man, who recalls that seven years ago, a kid came and played a strange melody, causing the Windmill to speed up drastically. If Link shows him the Ocarina of Time, the Phonogram Man will teach him the "Song of Storms", which, paradoxically, is the song Link played for him seven years earlier. Link can then go back to the past and play that same melody inside the Kakariko Windmill, which will drain the well, allowing entry to its bottom.
If Link enters the Kakariko Windmill from Dampé's grave, he can reach the Piece of Heart on an upper ledge by jumping on the moving platforms. Alternatively, Link can also get it by using the Boomerang.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time — Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 84
- "The windmill draws water up from the depth of the well." — Hylian (Ocarina of Time)
- "I'm a music man who loves to go around and around! Go around and around!!! I'm trying to come up with a musical theme inspired by this windmill...going around and around and around!!!" — Phonogram Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "Grrrrrrrrr! I'll never forget what happened on that day, seven years ago! Grrrrrrrrr! It's all that Ocarina kid's fault! Next time he comes around here, I'm gonna mess him up!" — Phonogram Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "That reminds me of that time, seven years ago! Back then a mean kid came here and played a strange song. It messed up this windmill!" — Phonogram Man (Ocarina of Time)