Allows wearer to ask about Kafei
Happy Mask Salesman's Comment
Location and Uses
The mask is given to Link by Madame Aroma, who handmade it herself. Link must visit the Mayor's Official Residence on the morning of the First Day and go into Madame Aroma's office. Upon his arrival, Madame Aroma will assume Link is the professional she hired to find Kafei. She then asks if he will accept the assignment, and if he answers with "Yes," she will give him Kafei's Mask to begin his search.
The mask is used to help gather information about the missing person, Kafei. Talking to Clock Town's residents while wearing the mask will prompt them to comment on Kafei. It is vital part in the process of the Reuniting Kafei and Anju sidequest.
If Link talks to the residents of Clock Town while wearing the mask, he can get different reactions from them:
|Reactions to Kafei's Mask|
|Anju's Grandmother||Oh, Dotour...If they pick on you, you come tell teacher, OK?|
|Bombers||I used to see him at the Laundry Pool a lot.|
I used to see him by the Laundry Pool sometimes. Hey, who is he? What did he do?
|Bomb Shop Owner||He hasn't been here...Have you asked about him at the other stores?|
|Carpenters||I saw him somewhere...It was somewhere around here. Sorry, I'm busy.|
Lookee here! Don't be in'erfer'in with my dear Anju!!! You 'fraid o' my fists? Don' go findin' that Kafei!
|Cremia||Ah...You. Did some middle-aged woman put you to work? Kafei isn't here...|
|Man from Curiosity Shop||Hey! We have a no-mask policy...Whaaa?? I didn't think I'd see nobody wearin' a mask like that no more, but here's one. So Dotour's wife is making you search for him with this, eh? Doesn't look a thing like 'im, really. Then again, I guess it does, so...um...Hey...uh...I want you to leave now.|
|Man from Trading Post||Kafei! No, I don't know any such kid. I kid you not!|
|Mayor Dotour||You're the one my wife has hired? So Kafei still hasn't...hmmm. This is a secret, so don't tell my wife. Go ask at the Curiosity Shop, the store in the worst part of town that only opens at night. That guy is a bad influence on me...|
|Postman||...I don't know where he is. Even if I knew, it would be a secret.|
|Receptionist||Ohh, how many people are gonna ask me that? That lady is so persistent. Soooo, doesn't Kafei want to break off his engagement to Anju? Why not let him? That's what he wants...Some people...|
|Town Shooting Gallery Guy||Ah, Kafei, eh? He hasn't come here.|
|Treasure Chest Shop Gal||Oh, Kafei? The mayor's son...Now that you mention it, I haven't seen him lately.|
- Kafei's Mask is one of the few duplicated masks in the game, as Anju also has it. The other masks with this characteristic are the Keaton Mask, which each of the Bombers claim to have, Romani's Mask, which is owned by all customers of Latte, the Garo's Mask, which both Gorman Brothers own, and the Couple's Mask, which is a symbol of marriage.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||カーフェイのお面 (Kāfei no Omen)||Kafei's Mask|
|French||Masque de Kafei||Kafei's Mask|
|German||Kafeis Maske||Kafei's Mask|
|Italian||Maschera di Kafei (MM3D)||Kafei's Mask|
|SpanishEU||Careta de Kafei||Kafei's Mask|
|SpanishLA||Máscara de Kafei||Kafei's Mask|
- "The cute boy's mask seems to have been made by an important man's wife..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
- "The room on your right is the drawing room and it's also Madame Aroma's office." — Secretary (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh dear, are you on a field trip? ...Or are you the expert person-finder I hired? Yes, yes, yes. I say, you have the face of a pro." — Madame Aroma (Majora's Mask)
- "The person I want you to locate is my son, Kafei. [...] Well? Could you look for him? Oh my, of course. You are an expert. Well, I'm counting on you!" — Madame Aroma (Majora's Mask)
- "You're also looking for Kafei?" — Anju (Majora's Mask)
- "My mom and dad have that!" — Bombers (Majora's Mask)
- "The symbol of marriage, the Couple's Mask seems to have the power to calm and silence arguments." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
|Masks in Majora's Mask|