We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|Era||Era of the Great Voyage|
Jolene is a character in Phantom Hourglass.
Jolene keeps a vigilant eye out for her old friend Linebeck, with whom Link travels, so that she might get her revenge on him. If she spots the S.S. Linebeck, she will attack and ambush. If this happens, Link must fight off Jolene, and if he is successful, Linebeck will reward him. For every consecutive ambush, Linebeck will reward Link with progressively higher Rupee rewards, beginning with a Blue Rupee and ending with a giant Red Rupee, after which he will stop giving rewards.
At one point in the game, Link is mistakenly given a letter addressed from Jolene to her sister, Joanne, a woman who dresses up as a Mermaid and lives on Bannan Island. Link is asked by the Postman to deliver the letter to its rightful recipient. Doing so prompts Joanne to reward him with a Wisdom Gem and, later, a Ship Part through the postal service.
After Link returns the three Pure Metals to Zauz in order to forge the Phantom Sword, Jolene sends him a letter asking for a final battle. After Link defeats her, Linebeck will tell him the story of how they met.
Linebeck, by accident, once saved Jolene from a monster when he was actually trying to escape. This lead Jolene and Linebeck to travel together, until Linebeck stole a part of her treasure and ran away. Since then, she has followed Linebeck around looking for revenge. However, according to Linebeck, the treasure he stole "wasn't even a good treasure." Jolene herself says, after their final duel, that Link had "eyes like the man who captivated" her and tells Linebeck to "take notes." This hints at a possible romantic attachment to Linebeck. Linebeck's apparent ignorance of this leads Ciela to call him "dense."
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||Jorīn (ジョリーン)||Same as English|
- "Well... I made off with some of her treasure..." — Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Little boy in green! So you got me, and got me good! Humiliation burns hot in my pirate blood! And so, my mind is haunted with this one, searing word... REVENGE! Yes! I demand a rematch to see who's truly the strongest on the sea! I've sharpened my skills since last we clashed. I am unbeatable! All will fall beneath my blade. Oh, yes. Somewhere on these vast seas our paths will cross again. If you have any honor at all, you will meet me in battle one last time! The mighty She-Pirate, Jolene" — Letter from Jolene (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Well, it was a while ago. I was just cruising through these waters... Anyway, I happened to sail by just as her ship was attacked by a monster. What can I say? I slammed into the beast with my ship and saved the day!" — Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Well, if I'm being totally honest here, I was just trying to get away, see. I sort of lost control of my ship, and it just happened to strike the beast..." — Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)
- "So after that, Jolene and I traveled together for a time, but... Pretty soon, I realized that the two of us were from different worlds. Yeah... It's kind of embarrassing, but she was a LOT tougher than I. Plus, I just wasn't cut out for the rough-and-tumble life of a pirate! Yeah, I always preferred the laid-back style of just sneaking off with treasure. Anyway, Jolene and I started seeing less and less of each other... I knew I had to end it, and well...you know..." — Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Ha ha! Anyway, ever since, Jolene has been trying to get her revenge on me! The thing is, it wasn't even that great of a treasure. I didn't think it was worth so much that she'd follow me around like this! That is one persistent woman, let me tell you." — Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)
- "I think that what you're attempting to do is crazy, and yet... There is something about your stubborn personality that...draws me. The one who captivated me so long ago had that same look in his eyes." — Jolene (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Boy in green, speak to the man in the crate for me. Advise him that he should take notes, for he might learn something." — Jolene (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Oh...Linebeck. You really are dense, aren't you?" — Ciela (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Prepare yourself, Linebeck! Your luck has finally run out! Hmm... You aren't Linebeck. Who are you?" (Phantom Hourglass manga (VizKids), pg. 142)
- "Look, we need... Linebeck to take us to this Zauz guy so we can defeat Bellum. And we're in a hurry. So can your revenge wait?" (Phantom Hourglass manga (VizKids), pg. 144)
- "What's your relationship to Linebeck? You... Seem connected." (Phantom Hourglass manga (VizKids), pg. 146)
- "I was too embarrassed to tell them... That I panicked and sailed into the monster by mistake. I was trying to sail the other way!" (Phantom Hourglass manga (VizKids), pg. 148)
- "Linebeck, you really are an idiot. you need to be more sensitive to how she feels." (Phantom Hourglass manga (VizKids), pg. 149)