- This article is about the Sheikah Monk. For the Ancient Shrine named after this character, see Jitan Sa'mi Shrine.
Jitan Sa'mi is a Sheikah Monk who serves the Goddess Hylia. Following the first Great Calamity and the ostracism of the Sheikah 10,000 years prior to Breath of the Wild, Jitan Sa'mi became a Monk and constructed an Ancient Shrine to help prepare Link against the threat of Calamity Ganon.
Following Link's Slumber of Restoration in the Shrine of Resurrection, the Jitan Sa'mi Shrine is activated and can then be entered by someone bearing a Sheikah Slate. When Link enters the Shrine, he is greeted by the Monk and is offered a blessing for overcoming the ordeal of entering the Shrine. If Link speaks to the Monk, Jitan Sa'mi praises him and rewards the Hylian Champion with a Spirit Orb. With their role fulfilled, Jitan Sa'mi wishes Link well as their body fades away.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion pg. 370
- "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Jitan Sa'mi. By entering this place, you've already proven your worth." — Jitan Sa'mi (Breath of the Wild)
- Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion pg. 368
- Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion pg. 375
- "You have done well to arrive at this shrine. A hero rises to right the wrongs of Hyrule. In the name of Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb." — Jitan Sa'mi (Breath of the Wild)
- "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Jitan Sa'mi (Breath of the Wild)